Saturday, March 21, 2015

Too Many Reasons by @KristenStrassel Review

Too Many Reasons (A Spotlight Series Novel)
Release date: February 9, 2015
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Abby Gauthier is close to getting everything she's worked so hard for. The band she manages, Sinister Riot, has been offered a major record contract. But it comes with a catch: the band must add Eli Jamison, winner of the talent show The Spotlight, to the lineup.

Devon Sinclair is the singer of Sinister Riot, and he's Abby's best friend. She's in love with him, but fears she'll lose him if she makes the first move. Devon knows adding Eli to the band is a mistake, and he's right. Eli's interested in more than just making an album. He wants to take control of the band, and he wants to get to know Abby better. A lot better. When tensions between Devon and Eli threaten to destroy Sinister Riot, Abby must act on her true feelings or lose everything she's ever wanted.



My Rating: 4 Roses

A story about two best friends who finally take the next step, Too Many Reasons was a great New Adult read. It had sweetness, a bit of spice, and some angst to go along with it. I liked it and I thought it was a nice read.

Both characters were good. Abby was kind, yet determined, and unwilling to dance to anyone else's tune. Devon was sweet and totally devoted to Abby, whether they were friends or more. I liked them both.

Eli was a good character as well. I was hoping he wouldn't just me a total jerk there to stir up trouble but, even though he inadvertently did, I still ended up liking him.

The romance was okay. To be honest, it felt shallow because I didn't get much of a development on either of the romances. They just started and stopped with little build up to them. But, it was still good overall, a mix of sweet and spice.

The plot kept me interested. However, my one other issue with the book was that the story seemed just a little off to me, like it needed to be tightened up, with a clearer set of conflicts and plot points. It wasn't anything major but it was enough that I felt it. But, I still did enjoy the story and the ending was perfect for the characters.

Too Many Reasons was an enjoyable New Adult romance and I liked it. Romance lovers, you might want to check this book out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment