Saturday, March 21, 2015

Red by @AlyxandraH @EntangledTeen

Red
Release date: March 10, 2015
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Bad girls burn hot…

Red is the color of Kia Alcott's hair.
It's her temper, which blazes hot and always gets Kia into way too much trouble.
And it's the color of fire. Fires that Kia can start…just by thinking about them.

When her latest “episode” gets her kicked out of school, Kia is shipped off to her grandmother, who works for the wealthy Blackwoods. It's an estate shrouded in secrets, surrounded by rules, and presided over by a family that is far from normal…including the gorgeous and insolent Ethan Blackwood.

Ethan knows far more about the dangers of the forest surrounding the estate than Kia can ever imagine. For this forest has teeth, and Ethan is charged with protecting the outside world from its vicious mysteries.

But inside, even the most vibrant shade of red doesn't stand a chance against the dark secrets of the Blackwood family…



My Rating: 4 Roses

An intriguing YA read that I really enjoyed, Red was a fantastic book. It had an interesting concept, great characters, and an enjoyable story.

Kia was great. She was fiery (no pun intended), clever, and refused to take crap from anyone. I thought she was a total badass.

Ethan was a sweetie. He was strong enough to be a match for Kia, both personality and skill wise, and was also kind and loyal. Despite his awesome fighting skills, he wanted to help, not hurt, and that made him a very likable character.

The romance was nice. Kia and Ethan were well-matched, both able to keep up with each other. I thought they were great together.

My issue, though, was that the explanations definitely could have been better. I didn't quite get what the whole secret was until near the end and I still didn't feel like I fully understood it. So, that confusion kept me from loving the book as much as I could have.

Despite this, I still liked the story. It was fast paced and complete with thrills and twists along the way. And, though rushed, the ending was great.

Red was a really wonderful YA read that I liked. YA lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment