Sunday, March 8, 2015

Lady Vice by @wendylacapra Review @ScandalousBooks

Release date: March 9, 2015
Publisher: Entangled: Scandalous
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance

Not every lady plays by the rules…

Lady Lavinia Vaile knows what happens to a woman who puts her faith in society. For her, it was a disastrous marriage to a depraved man—one she threatened to shoot when she left him. Now Lavinia lives outside of society's strict conventions, hosting private gambling parties. It's only when her husband is shot dead that Lavinia finds herself in terrible danger...

A former judge in India's high court, Maximilian Harrison will do anything he can to help Lavinia. In the darkest of times, he held on to thoughts of her and the love they once shared. Now he risks his own position in society―along with his ambitions―in order to clear her name. Yet as desire reignites between them, Lavinia remains caught up in secrets and shame. Her only salvation is to do the unthinkable...and trust in both Maximilian and love.



My Rating: 4 Roses

A lovely second chance romance that I thought was sweet, Lady Vice was a great historical romance and I really liked it.

Lavinia was okay. On the good side, she was strong and resilient enough to survive whatever situation faced her. On the bad side, I found myself getting frequently frustrated with her apparent determination to think the worst of Max, even though he never gave her a reason to think that way. It was especially frustrating because she berated him for not trusting her but was clearly unable to trust the best in him. So, that got on my nerves and brought down the book a bit for me. But, overall, I was fine with Lavinia's character. She just wasn't really my favorite heroine.

Max, on the other hand, was perfection. He was so sweet, so devoted to Lavinia and determined to prove himself worthy of her trust. He had made a name for himself, facing some real danger along the way, and he still remained humble and kind. I just adored him.

The romance was sweet. I thought Lavinia and Max were great together. It was clear that, despite the years apart, they loved each other as much as ever.

The plot was good, well paced enough to keep me engaged all the way through. There was kind of a mystery involved, but it wasn't much of one considering there was only one suspect at the start who turned out to be the culprit. But, it was a surprise to see how crazy this person was. Overall, I enjoyed the story and the ending was sweet.

Lady Vice was a lovely historical romance and I enjoyed reading it. Romance lovers, you'll want to check this book out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment