Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Forgotten Fiancee by Jillian Eaton

The Forgotten Fiancee
Release date: October 28, 2014
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: London Ladies


Engaged to be married since they were children, Miss Dianna Foxcroft and Lord Miles Radnor, Earl of Winfield, were perfect for one another. Until the day he left her standing at the altar and disappeared for parts unknown, breaking their engagement... and Dianna’s heart.

Four years have passed since that fateful day, and Miles has at long last come home to England. His sudden return has filled Dianna’s head with questions, and her heart with doubt. She wants to trust the man Miles has become… but how can she forgive the boy who betrayed her?

He may have traveled the world, but Miles has never forgotten the blue-eyed beauty he left behind. Determined to win back the heart of the only woman he has ever truly loved, he seeks Dianna out only to discover she despises the very sight of him. Or so she says…



My Rating: 3 Roses

A nice historical romance about a second chance at love, The Forgotten Fiancee was an enjoyable read and I liked it.

Dianna was a lovely heroine. On the day of her wedding, she was timid, somewhat naive, and unable to separate a happy life from Miles. The years apart made her stronger and a more independent person. By the end, she proved herself to have more strength than even she gave herself credit for and I thought she was definitely likable.

Miles was good. Despite the heartbreak he had left in his wake, he knew that both he and Dianna couldn't go through with the marriage the way they were. He was too full of wanderlust and Dianna was too desperate to please and their marriage would have been terrible. For the most part, I found him sweet, and the man that he was 3 years later was much more generous and inclined to think of others before himself. However, I didn't like how easily he gave up. He went on and on about proving to both Dianna and his sister that he wouldn't leave again. So, I expected that, even when they were mistrustful, he would stay with them and earn their trust through his actions. That didn't happen. It was like he expected Dianna to be able to forgive him and be able to trust him again just like that because he badgered her a few times about it. I just thought it was stupid of him, to be honest. He wanted to prove that he wouldn't leave again but, when things weren't looking to go his way, that's what he almost did. It made be want to smack him upside the head for being an idiot and that brought his character and the book down a little for me. I was still okay with his character, but I didn't love him as much as I could have.

The romance was okay. Because of Miles' issue, I didn't get as into it as I hoped I would because I wanted to see a more gradual process to reconciliation where Miles actually stuck it out. But, I still did think that Dianna and Miles were good together.

The plot was well paced and kept me interested the entire way though. Despite any complaints I had, I still enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

The Forgotten Fiancee was a lovely historical romance that I quite liked. Romance lovers, you might want to check this one out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment