Friday, December 26, 2014

A Bride for the Season by Jennifer Delamere

A Bride for the Season (Love's Grace, #3)
Release date: November 25, 2014
Publisher: Forever
Genre: Historical (Victorian) Romance
Series: Love's Grace #3


London's most amiable rogue has finally met his match.

Lucinda Cardington doesn’t care that she is close to being “on the shelf.” She has more serious pursuits in mind and is perfectly content to leave dreams of romance to silly young ladies like her sister. Yet when her sister places herself in a compromising situation with London’s most scandalous bachelor, the entire family’s reputation comes perilously close to ruin. Suddenly Lucinda is in the limelight…and in need of a husband.

James Simpson’s rakish ways have finally caught up with him. Snared in a scandal that for once is not his doing, he is forced to do the honorable thing and offer marriage to the lady. But her father won’t agree to a dowry unless James can also find a suitable husband for the lady’s elder sister—quiet, reserved Lucinda Cardington. As James gets to know the vibrant, charming, and passionate woman behind Lucinda’s shy exterior, he comes to the distressing realization that he doesn’t want her in anyone’s arms but his own…



My Rating: 3 Roses

A sweet historical romance, A Bride for the Season was a nice read that I enjoyed.

Lucinda was a heroine who knew who she was and what she wanted. She was devoted to her beliefs and refused to change herself to suit society. She was definitely strong and I thought she was a likable character.

James was a little more iffy for me. He started off as seeming fickle and somewhat frivolous. As the book went on, he did prove that he had depth and was more than he made himself to be. I still wasn't totally sold on him but, by the end I did like him.

The romance was sweet. Lucinda and James were definitely well matched, despite how different they seemed at the surface. And, for those who want to know, this was a mostly clean romance.

The plot kept me interested, though not particularly hooked, the entire way through. The thing about the book was the it was good, but not great. I liked it, but I didn't love it. However, I did enjoy the story and I thought the ending was sweet.

A Bride for the Season was a nice historical romance that I really enjoyed. Romance lovers, this might be a book you'll want to check out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment