Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre

The Shape of My Heart  (2B Trilogy #3)
Release date: November 25, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: 2B Trilogy #2


Some people wait decades to meet their soul mate. Courtney Kaufman suspects she met hers in high school only to lose him at seventeen. Since then, Courtney's social life has been a series of meaningless encounters, though she's made a few close friends along the way. Especially her roommate Max Cooper, who oozes damaged bad-boy vibes from every pore.

Max knows about feeling lost and trying to move beyond the pain he's been on his own since he was sixteen. Now it's time to find out if he can ever go home again, and Courtney's the only one he trusts to go with him. But the trip to Providence could change everything because the more time he spends with Courtney, the harder it is to reconcile what he wants and what he thinks he deserves.

It started out so simple. One misfit helping another. Now Max will do anything to show Courtney that for every heart that's ever been broken, there's another that can make it complete.



My Rating: 3 Roses

An okay New Adult romance, The Shape of My Heart was a good read. Not my favorite, but I did enjoy it.

Courtney was a likable character. Strongly opinionated and very loyal to her loved ones, she was a good heroine. I thought she was great.

Max was a total sweetie. He had a tough time in life and had to work hard for everything he had, but that made him humble rather than bitter. He had a reputation as a player, but he was really very sweet and caring. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was good. It was both sweet and super spicy with a ton of chemistry between Courtney and Max. I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot was well paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. The problem, for me, was that, after reading the previous two books in the series, the plot started to feel rather formulaic. I thought the first book in the series was great, but the second was less so and, with the third, it just became very predictable. That brought down the book for me. I still enjoyed it, but it made it so I didn't like it as much as I could have.  Overall, though, it was a nice read.

The Shape of My Heart was a good New Adult romance. Though not my favorite book, I still thought it was an enjoyable read. Romance lovers, you might want to look this book up.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment