Sunday, November 9, 2014

Promise Me This by @Christina_Lee04 Review @BerkleyRomance

Promise Me This (Between Breaths, #4)
Release date: October 7, 2014
Publisher: Intermix
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: Between Breaths #4


A new love will test the boundaries of passion between a privileged boy next door and the tattooed, blue-haired girl who helps him embrace his wild side...

Nate has developed quite a playboy reputation around campus. It's not that he doesn't respect or trust women; he doesn't trust himself. The men in Nate’s family are prone to abusive behavior—a dirty secret that Nate’s been running from his entire life—so Nate doesn't do relationships. But he can’t help himself around one girl…

Jessie is strong, independent, and works at a tattoo parlor. Nate can’t resist getting close to her, even if it’s strictly a friendship. But it doesn't take long for Nate to admit that what he wants with Jessie is more than just friendly.

With Jessie, he can be himself and explore what he’s always felt was a terrifying darkness inside him. Even when Nate begins to crave her in a way that both shocks and horrifies him, Jessie still wants to know every part of him. Testing their boundaries together will take a trust that could render them inseparable… or tear them apart.



My Rating: 4 Roses

A sweet, emotional, and lovely New Adult romance, Promise Me This was a great read. It was another wonderful book in an already fantastic series and I really enjoyed it.

Jessie was a great heroine. Tough, independent, but also kind and compassionate. I really liked how she helped Nate face his issues, encouraging him but never pushing him farther than he wanted to go. She was a lovely character and I really liked her.

Nate was also wonderful. He had trust issues but not with other people. Because of his violent father, he had difficulty trusting himself and that had him keeping women at a distance because he didn't trust himself not to hurt them. But, in reality, he was very sweet and a truly good man who would never knowingly hurt someone. He was great and I really liked him as well.

The romance was lovely. I thought Jessie and Nate were so sweet together, especially with how Jessie helped Nate come to terms with his family issues. And they definitely hot some super hot chemistry together. I thought they were a wonderful couple.

The plot moved quickly and I was kept interested the entire way through. I only have one complaint and it was that something felt a bit off to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about this book that didn't flow with everything else. It might just be a combination of a bunch of little things but I can't pinpoint it. There wasn't anything wrong with the major aspects of the book but something didn't work and if I can figure out what it is, I'll let you know. But, otherwise, this book was great. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was perfect.

Promise Me This was a wonderful New Adult romance that I really enjoyed. Sweet, emotional, and an overall lovely read, this book was great. Romance lovers, this is a book you'll want to check out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment