Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I Need You by @JaneLark Review @HarperImpulse

Release date: October 23, 2014
Publisher: Harper Impulse
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: Starting Out #3


Guilt can eat away at you, but love can cut like a knife…

Lusting after his best friend’s girlfriend is a cliché Billy knows well – it’s the tightrope he’s walked for years.
But now Jason and Lindy have broken up and Billy can’t help but be there for the girl he’s loved from afar for so long. She’s hurting.

Fighting to find a road to the future, Lindy’s heart hurts. She’s trying to escape the truth, but Billy keeps making her face it – and it’s ugly. How can she keep living when everything is made of glass and it keeps shattering?

Her one constant is Billy. Only, rebound isn’t his style and when Lindy starts to see him in a different light, he just can’t trust her. He’s no one’s second best.



My Rating: 4 Roses

An emotional, intense New Adult romance from an author who is a master of storytelling, I Need You was a wonderful read. I really liked this book. I had high expectations and this book definitely didn't disappoint.

Jane Lark is brilliant at crafting realistic characters and Lindy and Billy were no exception. Like all her characters, they were deep, realistically flawed, and, above all, likable.

Lindy was, for lack of better term, an emotional mess. She was hung up on Jason, stressed out about her mother, and unable to let go of her crippling self-consciousness. She did a lot of growing up over the course of the book, finding her self-confidence and moving on to make her own life. My only issue with her that she occasionally came off as selfish and bitchy. What bothered me the most was how much blame she put on Jason for their breakup and basically everything else that went wrong. It takes two to make a relationship and her actions had just as much impact on their breakup as Jason's. Those traits got better over the course of the book but not quite enough that I stopped being vaguely annoyed with her. Overall, though, I did like her.

Billy was an absolute sweetheart. He had loved Lindy for a long while and finally had the chance to act on it. He truly wanted what was best for her, even if it meant putting her needs before his. The one thing about him that bothered me was that I wish he had held Lindy more accountable for how much she hurt him. But, honestly, I also thought it made him all the sweeter for standing by her no matter what. He was simply adorable and I really liked him.

The romance was great. Billy had loved Lindy for years and Lindy slowly came to the realization that Billy had been the one for her all this time. They were lovely together and had some super hot chemistry. I thought they were wonderful together.

The plot was fast paced and I was engaged the entire way through. The emotions were well portrayed and kept me drawn in. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

I Need You was a fantastic New Adult romance that I really enjoyed. Emotional and romantic, it was a lovely read. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out. 

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read and review Farrah, I;m thrilled you enjoyed it. xx Jane

    ReplyDelete