Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers

Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3)
Release date: November 4, 2014
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Genre: YA Historical/Fantasy Romance
Series: His Fair Assassin #3

Annith has watched her gifted sisters at the convent come and go, carrying out their dark dealings in the name of St. Mortain, patiently awaiting her own turn to serve Death. But her worst fears are realized when she discovers she is being groomed by the abbess as a Seeress, to be forever sequestered in the rock and stone womb of the convent. Feeling sorely betrayed, Annith decides to strike out on her own.

She has spent her whole life training to be an assassin. Just because the convent has changed its mind doesn't mean she has...



My Rating: 5 Roses

An absolutely brilliant conclusion to a magnificent series, Mortal Heart was just amazing. It had sweet romance, political intrigue, unexpected twists, and secrets that I never saw coming. LOVED THIS BOOK!

Annith was a wonderful character. She started off as an obedient novice who always followed the rules. But, she began to question things, realized that not everything was as it seemed, and became determined to make her own way. By the end, she definitely proved that she was a strong, clever, and capable heroine and I really liked her.

Balthazaar was the love interest and he was wonderful. Very sweet and utterly adorable. He had some huge secrets he was hiding that I never suspected and it made his character all the more interesting. I wish I had been able to get to know him more, but I still adored him.

The romance was very sweet. Annith and Balthazaar were lovely together. My one issue was that I wanted to see more of a development with them, but I understood why it progressed the way that it did, so it wasn't a big issue. I still thought they were a wonderful couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was totally hooked the entire way through. I was kept on the edge of my seat with all the political drama and the game-changing secrets that I never saw coming. These secrets changed everything for Annith and they totally took me by surprise. Of course, we see a bit of Ismae, Duval, Beast, and Sybella in this book and it was great seeing them again. I loved the story and the ending was perfect.

Mortal Heart was a perfect conclusion to a brilliant series. From the romance, to the twists, to the shocking secrets, this book was amazing and I loved every bit of it. Fans of the series, you won't be disappointed with this one. And, YA lovers, this is a must read series.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

4 comments:

  1. Janhvi @ The ReaddictsOctober 16, 2014 at 9:00 AM

    I am eagerly waiting for Mortal Heart to release. SO glad to hear it was an amazing end to the trilogy :) Thanks for sharing! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the series, too! I hope you end up liking the last book as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Grave Mercy and am currently in the middle of Dark Triumph!! I love everything about this series! I've been seeing 5 star reviews everywhere so I absolutely cannot wait to read Mortal Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely won't be disappointed with Mortal Heart if you like the previous two books. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete