Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little @harperteen @KimberleyGLittl

Forbidden
Release date: November 4, 2014
Publisher: Harper Teen
Genre: YA Historical (Ancient) Romance

In the unforgiving Mesopotamian desert where Jayden’s tribe lives, betrothal celebrations abound, and tonight it is Jayden’s turn to be honored. But while this union with Horeb, the son of her tribe’s leader, will bring a life of riches and restore her family’s position within the tribe, it will come at the price of Jayden’s heart.

Then a shadowy boy from the Southern Lands appears. Handsome and mysterious, Kadesh fills Jayden’s heart with a passion she never knew possible. But with Horeb’s increasingly violent threats haunting Jayden’s every move, she knows she must find a way to escape—or die trying.

With a forbidden romance blossoming in her heart and her family’s survival on the line, Jayden must embark on a deadly journey to save the ones she loves—and find a true love for herself.

Set against the brilliant backdrop of the sprawling desert, the story of Jayden and Kadesh will leave readers absolutely breathless as they defy the odds and risk it all to be together.



My Rating: 5 Roses

A delightfully dark and sweeping read, full of constant thrills and sweet romance, Forbidden was an absolutely amazing YA read. I completely and totally loved this book! From the fantastic characters, to the twists and turn, and the story that drew me in from the first page, this book was brilliant!

The setting in this book was very well done. The descriptions of the desert and the ancient cities were beautifully done in a way that completely drew me into the world of the characters. Combined with some historical details of rulers of the age, this book did well in evoking the ancient world (which I especially appreciate because I loved history).

Jayden was a wonderful heroine. I liked that she wasn't anyone special. She was a desert girl who, through only her cleverness and a strong-will managed to survive and defy anyone who tried to force her down a path not of her own making. Even as her entire world imploded, she continued to fight. She grew tougher over the course of the book and became a truly fantastic heroine. Needless to say, I really liked her.

Kadesh was also amazing. He was so very sweet and so determined fight for a life with Jayden. He had some secrets that made him a more interesting character, and I liked how he was willing to struggle and sacrifice for his and Jayden's happiness. I adored him but, with how the book ended, I'm anxious to see how things work out for him in the next book (assuming there will be one).

The romance was wonderful. Jayden and Kadesh were very sweet together and, though they spent much of the book apart, their feelings for each other were always clear. I thought they were great together.

The plot was fast paced and I was totally hooked the entire way through. There were so may twists and turns and constant thrills that kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved the story and the ending was brilliant but devastating. I haven't heard of a book 2, yet, but, after that ending, there had better be one! I'm dying to see how things work out for these characters.

Forbidden was a brilliant, fantastic, absolutely epic YA read. From the sweeping scenery, to the lovely romance, and the endless thrills, this book was amazing. YA lovers, this book is a must read.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

2 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around but this is the first review I've seen. Glad to see you enjoyed it so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're interested in the book, because it was definitely worth the read. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete