Saturday, September 13, 2014

Return of the Highland Laird by Amy Jarecki

Return of the Highland Laird (A Highland Force Novella, Book 4)
Release date: August 16, 2014
Genre: Historical (Highlander) Romance
Series: Highland Force #4


Untimely tempests transport two miserable and lost souls to England’s Abbey Wood where they stumble across each other’s paths. Lady Jane, a battered woman and accused murderess—Laird Alexander, fleeing his keep after blaming himself for the accidental death of his wife.

Both souls must heal their wounds. Both souls have reason to keep their identities hidden. This misshapen pair discovers each needs the other—though neither is willing to admit dependence.

Alexander must return to his kin and resume his laird’s mantle. Lady Jane must clear her name and find forgiveness. But before healing can begin, it is essential they learn to trust…and love.



My Rating: 4 Roses

Another wonderful addition to this fantastic series, Return of the Highland Laird was a lovely novella. With sweet romance and secrets of the past, this book was an enjoyable read and I really liked it.

Jane and Alexander were in a similar situation, running away from the death of a spouse and seeking solace in solitude. Until they met each other. Jane was a likable heroine. Despite living in fear for years, she survived and eventually learned to find happiness again. Alexander was sweet and very loyal to those he cared about. Both were great character and I liked them.

The romance was sweet. I liked that it built up slowly as Jane and Alexander came to trust each other. It was sweet, but with some heat as well, and I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot moved quickly and I was hooked the entire way through. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

Return of the Highland Laird was a wonderful historical romance novella that I really liked. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

2 comments:

  1. I love it when the plot moves quickly!! I haven't read this author yet, but I keep hearing great things. I really need to read this series. Thanks for sharing your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is definitely great. If you liked Highlanders, you'll want to read it. Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete