Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Highland Spy by Victoria Roberts

My Highland Spy (Highland Spies, #1)
Release date: September 2, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical (Highlander) Romance
Series: Highland Spies #1

Lady Ravenna Walsingham is sent to the savage Highlands to uncover a nefarious plot against the king. Playing the part of an English governess, she infiltrates the home of Laird Ruairi Sutherland, who seems to be a potential threat to the crown.

However, after helping Sutherland search for his kidnapped son, Ravenna soon discovers that the only real threat Sutherland poses is to her heart. Once she reveals her true identity to Sutherland, will he accept her? Or will he send her back to England with a broken heart?



My Rating: 4 Roses

An enjoyable, sweet romance, My Highland Spy was a wonderful read. I really liked this book. From the likable character, to the sweet romance, this book was lovely.

Ravenna was a good heroine. She was strong, clever, protective of her family, and a kind person in general. Though she served as the king's spy, she was first and foremost loyal to the people she cared about. I thought she was a great character and I really liked her.

Ruairi was wonderful. He was so sweet and totally devoted to the people he cared about, whether it was his son, Ravenna, or the clan he was so protective of. He was a sweetie and I really liked him.

The romance was lovely. Ravenna and Ruairi were great together.They both loved each other unreservedly, even with all the obstacles between them. And, of course, there was plenty of chemistry between them, with lots of steaminess going on. I thought they were great together.

The plot was well paced and, though I didn't get totally hooked for some reason, I was kept interested the entire way through. There were a couple of surprises along the way. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

My Highland Spy was a wonderful historical romance. It was a sweet, enjoyable read that I really liked. Romance lovers, you might want to check this book out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment