Saturday, August 2, 2014

Love and Let Spy by Shana Galen

Love and Let Spy (Lord and Lady Spy, #3)
Release date: August 5, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Lord and Lady Spy #3

She cannot afford to fail...
Jane Bonde was raised to be a spy, but the ton knows her only as an elusive beauty who turns men's heads when she walks into a room. She's also the Crown's last best hope. If she can't find and destroy the diabolical Foncé and his French spy ring, England's defenses may fall.

But something even more dangerous than a madman stands in her way-her fiancé.

When love conflicts with duty...
The demons of Dominic Griffyn's past make it difficult for him to get close to anyone. When his stepfather, the marquess, demands he settle down and marry, Dominic allows himself to hope that the beautiful but mysterious Miss Bonde will help him forget his troubles. He may be right-the most important mission of her career is about to plunge them both into danger.



My Rating: 4 Roses

With lovely romance and thrilling danger, Love and Let Spy was a wonderful read. I really liked this book. From the sweet and hot romance, to the dark secrets, and endless thrills, this book was fantastic.

Jane...First of all, I loved her name. When I first read 'Jane Bonde,' I was both amused and intrigued. The name fit her, though, because she was a totally badass spy. She was definitely not to be underestimated, taking down traitors and keeping her hair and dress perfect and the same time. But, I also liked that, when she let the spy fade into Jane, she was a kind and likable character. I thought she was great.

Dominic was also wonderful. He had some dark secrets in his past that still affected him. But, despite that, he was still a kind man who was the epitome of a gentleman. He was very sweet and endearing and I totally adored him.

The romance was lovely. Jane and Dominic were great together. They were both strong, and they had both seen darkness in their lives, so it was clear how they implicitly understood each other. And, the heat level was steamy between them. Sparks were always flying with these two.

The plot was well paced and, while I wasn't completely hooked, I was kept interested the entire way through. There were plenty of thrills to be had as Jane tried to take down a criminal. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was perfect.

Love and Let Spy was a fantastic historical romance. I really liked this wonderful book. It had delightful romance, constant thrills, and I enjoyed all of it. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment