Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Duke's Wicked Kiss by Kathleen Bittner Roth

A Duke's Wicked Kiss
Release date: August 26, 2014
Publisher: Entangled: Select
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance

Miss Suri Thurston knows the pain of abandonment. Intent on confronting the grandmother who tossed her to the lions, she travels from England to her birthplace in India. Her plans run afoul when she encounters the man who, ten years prior, left a mark on her soul with one stolen kiss. But he is a duke, and far beyond the reach of even her dreams.

The Duke of Ravenswood, secret head of the British Foreign Service, has no time for relationships. His one goal is to locate and eliminate key insurgents involved in an uprising against the British East India Company before it's too late. But when Suri appears in Delhi, his resolve is tested as he finds his heart forever bound to her by the one haunting kiss they shared once upon a time.

With Suri's vengeful Indian family looking for her death, and insurgents intent on mutiny tearing their world apart, can their love rise above the scandal of the marriage they both desperately want?



My Rating: 3 Roses

An overall lovely historical romance, complete with a lush setting and plenty of secrets, A Duke's Wicked Kiss was an enjoyed read that I quite liked.

Suri was a good heroine. She had frustrating moments where she was stubborn about the wrong things, but for the most part, I found her to be a strong-willed, likable character.

Ravenswood was great. He was clever, loyal, and certainly an interesting man (I mean, he had a cheetah for a pet). And, he could also be sweet and was rather adorable. I really liked him.

The romance was good. My issue, though, was that they seemed to make obstacles for themselves at first, which made it a bit frustrating to wait until they came to their senses. But, I thought they were a sweet couple, and they definitely had tons of chemistry. I thought they were lovely together.

The plot was okay. The pacing was fast enough that I was kept interested the entire way through. My problem was that, about 2/3 of the way through, things took a turn that was rather frustrating. But, since the characters handled it well, it didn't ruin the book for me. I still enjoyed the story and the ending was sweet.

A Duke's Wicked Kiss was a lovely historical romance. It wasn't perfect, but I still liked it and found it to be an enjoyable read. Romance lovers, this is a book you might want to check out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment