Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Duke of St. Giles by Jillian Eaton

The Duke of St. Giles (Rookery Rakes, #1)
Release date: April 27, 2014
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Rookery Rakes #1

Being kidnapped was not nearly as fun and exciting as Lady Emily Wilmington thought it would be…

Emily is the privileged daughter of a duke, raised in the lap of luxury. West is an orphan, raised in London’s most nefarious rookery. Their paths never should have crossed, but as Emily and West are about to discover fate doesn’t always adhere to the rules of society…

It should have been an easy plan. Kidnap the girl, collect the ransom. Just another day’s work for the Duke of St. Giles, a man whose ruthlessness is rumored to know no bounds. But from the first moment West meets Emily, a woman who is as infuriatingly stubborn as she is breathtakingly beautiful, he knows nothing is going to go according to plan.

From the slums of London to the rolling hills of Southampton, join Emily and West as they partake in a journey of danger, passion, and love that will change both of their lives… forever.



My Rating: 5 Roses

A very sweet and enjoyable romance, The Duke of St. Giles was a fantastic read. I loved this book. It was a lovely romance, sweet and with a few twists along the way. Loved it!

Emily was a wonderful heroine. She was strong, determined, and I appreciated her imminently practical way of thinking. Her refusal to allow West of cow her led to some very amusing moments and brought a lot of fun to the book. I really liked her. I thought she was a lovely character.

West, underneath all that bluster, was a sweetie. He cultivated his fearsome reputation but, in reality, he was a truly kind man with a code of honor he refused to break. I thought he was wonderful and I totally adored him.

The romance was great. I thought Emily and West were perfect together. Both being very clever and strong-willed, they had definitely met their match in each other. There was some heat between them, but this one was a mostly clean romance.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were a few twists, especially towards the end, that I never saw coming. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was perfect. After reading this book, I can't wait to see more from the Rookery Rakes series!

The Duke of St. Giles was a fantastic historical romance. I absolutely loved this brilliant read! It was very sweet, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable. Romance lovers, this is a book you'll definitely want to read.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment