Sunday, June 8, 2014

Stone Song by D.L. McDermott

Stone Song (Cold Iron, #3)
Release date: June 9, 2014
Publisher: Pocket Star
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Cold Iron #3

Sorcha Kavanaugh never believed Gran’s stories about the Fair Folk, until one of the creatures walked into a bar where she was singing and stole a year of her life. So when Elada Brightsword, the right hand of South Boston’s renegade Fae patriarch, interrupts her set at the Black Rose, Sorcha knows trouble has found her . . . again.

The Fae warrior has admired Sorcha Kavanaugh from afar for months, but he’s aware of her unhappy history with the Fae, and has been waiting for the right time to approach her. Unfortunately for Elada, time has just run out. An old enemy, the malign Prince Consort, has identified Sorcha as a Druid descendent with the potential to become a stone singer, a bard with a voice that can shatter the strongest magical constructs.

Now, if she wants to survive, Sorcha must learn to trust one of the creatures she fears most.



My Rating: 4 Roses

A delightful read, full of sweet romance and constant thrills, Stone Song was a wonderful paranormal romance. I really liked this book. It was an enjoyable read.

Sorcha was a lovely heroine. She was tough and faced everything the Fae world had to throw at her. At first, I got frustrated with her, because she had a tendency to bolt at the first sign of danger rather than fighting it off. But, later, she become determined to stand her ground and proved herself. So, overall, I liked her.

Elada was also wonderful. He was sweet, loyal, but also formidable if you got on his bad side. He was a genuinely kind man (faerie...whatever), one that had a set of moral that he refused to cross. I thought he was great and I adored him.

The romance was good. I thought it was so sweet how Elada was so devoted to Sorcha and determined to ensure her safety. And I liked how they were such a badass team. The chemistry between them was super hot and there was a ton of steaminess along the way. I thought they were great together.

The plot was well paced and, while I wasn't totally hooked, I was kept interested the entire way through. There were tons of thrills along the way and Sorcha found herself the target of more than one malicious fae. I enjoyed the story and the ending both tied up the romance and has me curious about what will happen next.

Stone Song was a wonderful paranormal romance. From the romance, to the twists and turns, this book was great and I really enjoyed reading it. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment