Sunday, June 1, 2014

Noble Destiny by Katie MacAlister

Release date: June 3, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Noble #1

Just how far will Lady Charlotte go to win his heart?

Lady Charlotte Collins returns to England as a poor widow. She's eager to take her place in the ton, but is quickly shunned by all. There is only one way to redeem her good standing: find a groom with wealth, a title, and good looks. Alasdair McGregor posseses all these fine attributes, but he cruelly refuses to be the answer to Charlotte's problems. So what is she to do but take extreme measures? She'll make him fall in love with her by any means necessary, even a gun. Can this determined lady capture his heart, or will she misfire?


My Rating: 3 Roses

A sweet, fun, and enjoyable historical romance, Noble Destiny was a lovely read. I didn't love it, but I did like it and I enjoyed reading it.

Charlotte was an okay heroine. But, I didn't like her all that much. She tended to be shallow, selfish, and a bit of an air head. Over the course of the book, she did start to grow up and she became much more bearable. So, overall, while I didn't really like her, I was okay with her.

Alasdair, on the other hand, was wonderful. He was so sweet and, my goodness, he had the patience of a saint, with the way he dealt with Charlotte. I loved how he was determined to protect his sister and his wife, even when the situation became dire. He was amazing and I totally adored him.

The romance was good. Since I wasn't a fan of Charlotte, I didn't fully get into it, but I did think they were well matched. As I said before, Charlotte could be aggravating, and Alasdair had some remarkable patience to handle it the way he did. But, truly, I thought they were sweet together. The chemistry between them was hot, though that wasn't the main part of their relationship (since Alasdair was determined that love should come first and would wait until it came). I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot was well paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. The story was tons of fun, with crazy antics from the characters. It was very entertaining, though it was sometimes overly silly. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was sweet.

Noble Destiny was lovely historical romance. While I didn't love it, I did enjoy reading it. It was a fun, sweet, and thoroughly entertaining read. Romance lovers, if you want a fun read, then you might want to check this book out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment