Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hunt the Darkness by Alexandra Ivy

Hunt the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity, #11)
Release date: May 27, 2014
Publisher: Zebra
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Guardians of Eternity #11

The vampire, Roke, is raw, sensual, always in control. Yet somehow he's allowed the unthinkable to happen: a nymph-like witch named Sally has used her magic to trick Roke into mating with her. The pair will remain bound for eternity unless Sally breaks the spell. The trouble is, she has no idea how. . .

Mating with Roke was an accident; at least that's what Sally keeps telling herself. She's on the hunt for her demon father, whose identity holds the key to releasing the spell. The search won't be easy with Roke shadowing Sally's every move. As they mate with a ferocity that leaves them both aching for more, Sally isn't sure if her world is more dangerous without Roke—or with him. . .



My Rating: 4.5 Roses

Thrilling, action-packed, and delightfully romantic, Hunt the Darkness was a fantastic paranormal romance. I really liked this book and I really enjoyed reading it. It was an absolutely lovely read.

Sally was a wonderful heroine. She was strong, independent, and managed to hold her own while being surrounded by a bunch of alpha males. When she was determined, nothing was going to stop her. I thought she was lovely and I really liked her.

Roke was also amazing. He was so sweet, in his own gruff way. He was intensely loyal, whether it was to his tribe or his mate. And, he was definitely not someone to be messed with if you threatened either one. He was great and I totally adored him.

The romance was lovely. Sally and Roke were so great together. With them both being so strong-willed, they definitely met their match in each other. And, the chemistry between them was constantly on high and there was a ton of steaminess with these two. I thought they were a perfect couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was mostly hooked the entire way through. There were a few parts where I was less interested. There were tons of thrills and surprising secrets that kept me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was wonderful.

Hunt the Darkness was a fantastic paranormal romance. I really liked this delightful read. From the thrills, to the romance, to the secrets I never saw coming, this book was lovely. Romance lovers, this is a book you won't want to miss.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment