Sunday, June 29, 2014

How to Lose a Lord in 10 Days or Less by Elizabeth Michels

How to Lose a Lord in 10 Days or Less (Tricks of the Ton, #3)
Release date: July 1, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Tricks of the Ton #3

He’s the perfect gentleman…

After years hidden away from the mockery of the Ton, proud Andrew Clifton, Lord Amberstall, is finally ready to face Society again. But when his horse is injured on the road to London, Andrew finds himself literally thrown at the feet of the beautiful, infuriating, and undeniably eccentric Katie Moore.

…she’s anything but a lady.

Katie always preferred the stables to society, so when she was badly injured in a riding accident, she was more than happy to retreat to the countryside and give up the marriage mart for good. She never expected an infuriatingly proper lord to come tumbling into her life—and she certainly never expected to find herself wondering what it would be like to rejoin the world at his side.

They couldn’t be more different, and soon Andrew and Katie find themselves at odds about everything but the growing passion between them…and a keen awareness of a threat that may end their unconventional romance before it has even begun.



My Rating: 3 Roses

A lovely, enjoyable read, How to Lose a Lord in 10 Days or Less was a good historical romance. Since I loved the previous two books in the series, I was expecting a lot, and it didn't quite hit the mark for me. But, I still liked it and enjoyed reading it.

Katie was an okay heroine. She was strong and determined to live her life as she chose. However, she could be rather judgmental, mostly at first, and that was frustrating. But, she got better over the course of the book and I ended up liking her just fine.

Andrew was, again, okay. He could be very sweet and was very loyal to what was important to him, be it his lands, his mother, or the woman he loved. But, he could be a bit of a jerk when he got mad and his obsession with perfection was frustrating. However, he did get better, so I was okay with him.

The romance was good. I wasn't really feeling it between them, though, simply because they always put themselves at odds. But, I did think it was sweet that they fell in love despite all the differences between them. And, the chemistry between them was simmering from the moment they met. Definitely some hot moments between these two. I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot was good. I wasn't hooked, but I was kept interested the entire way through. There were a couple of surprises along the way. Though I didn't like this one as much as I liked the previous book in the series, I still enjoyed the story. And, the ending was lovely.

How to Lose a Lord in 10 Days or Less was an enjoyable historical romance. I enjoyed reading it, from beginning to end. Romance lovers, this is one you might want to check out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment