Thursday, June 19, 2014

Abducted by a Prince by Olivia Drake

Abducted by a Prince (Cinderella Sisterhood, #3)
Release date: April 29, 2014
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Cinderella Sisterhood #3

She’s not waiting for her prince. He’s not looking for a bride. But sometimes the most unlikely love stories end in “happily ever after”…

She Was Stolen Away...

Ellie Stratham gave up her childhood dreams of a fairy tale romance long ago. To repay her late father’s debts, she’s forced to serve her spoiled cousin, Lady Beatrice. But Ellie has devised a secret plan to escape her life as a drudge. A plan that is thrown into jeopardy when she’s abducted by a mysterious stranger.

But Can He Steal Her Heart?

A notorious seducer of women—and a scoundrel to boot—Damien Burke has earned his nickname as the Demon Prince. But his plot to kidnap Lady Beatrice to make her brother return a priceless heirloom backfires—and he ends up with their penniless cousin, Ellie, as his hostage. By the time Damien realizes his mistake, he and his fiery-willed captive are trapped in a remote castle during a wild winter storm. And he soon finds that the true hostage may be his own heart.



My Rating: 5 Roses

A sweet and truly enjoyable historical romance, Abducted by a Prince was a fantastic read. I really loved this wonderful book. From the sweet romance, to the surprising secrets, this book was lovely.

Ellie was a lovely heroine. After years of serving her uncle's house in return for him paying off her father's debt, she'd had enough and was determined to gain her independence. But, then she was kidnapped and her plans went awry. I really liked her character. She was quietly strong and very clever. My only issue was that I got frustrated when she almost chose independence to a newly happy life. But, otherwise, I thought she was great.

Damien was wonderful. He was so sweet and, underneath the formidable mask of the gambling den owner, a truly kind man. I loved how he acted with his daughter and how sweet he was with Ellie. I thought he was perfect and I adored him.

The romance was both sweet and sensuous. Ellie and Damien were so adorable together. Even when they couldn't admit to them, their feelings for each other were always clear. The chemistry between them was sizzling from the moment they met and there was definitely some steaminess with these two. I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. The secrets of Damien's parentage were quite a shock. I never saw the truth of it coming. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was perfect.

Abducted by a Prince was a brilliant historical romance. I really liked this book and I really enjoyed reading it. The romance was sweet, the secrets were shocking, and the story was lovely. Romance lovers, this is a book you won't want to miss.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review!! I just got the first book in this series from my library, so I am excited to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the first book is as good as this one, I think you'll like it :) Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete