Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Truth Against the World by Sarah Jamila Stevenson

The Truth Against the World
Release date: June 8, 2014
Publisher: Flux
Genre: YA Paranormal

In her parents’ San Francisco flat, Olwen Nia Evans, Wynn for short, has been having unsettling dreams about her family’s past in Wales. But her dreams don’t match up with what she’s been told by her dying grandmother, Rhiannon. On the other side of the world, in London, a boy named Gareth Lewis is having disturbing dreams about a frightening encounter with a ghost. A ghost named Olwen Nia Evans.

When he looks for Olwen’s name online, Gareth connects with Wynn in San Francisco as she is preparing to move with her family to fulfill Rhiannon’s last wish to die in Wales. Once Wynn arrives in Wales, she and Gareth join forces to discover the truth of the lost soul that’s haunting them both.


My Rating: 4 Roses

A haunting, lovely YA paranormal read, full of buried secrets, The Truth Against the World was a fantastic book. I really enjoyed reading this wonderful tale.

Wynn was a lovely heroine. She was easy to relate to and quite likable. She was very determined, especially when it came to helping her loved ones. I really liked her. She was a great character.

Gareth was also wonderful. He was clever and very sweet. He was the endearing cute nerd kind of guy and that made me really like him. He was a total sweetie.

The romance was minimal. The main focus of the book was the mystery that involved the ghost, Wynn's great-grandma, and Gareth's family. But, the potential for romance was there, in the background, and I thought it was sweet.

I really liked the whole ghost mystery. It took me by surprise, as I never suspected what the truth turned out to be. I thought it was really well done in a way that made it haunting and emotional.

The plot was well paced. I wasn't completely riveted, but I was kept interested the entire way through. The draw of finding out the truth kept me drawn in. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was a perfect way to wrap up the story.

The Truth Against the World was a wonderful YA paranormal read. I really enjoyed reading this lovely book. YA lovers, this is a book you'll want to check out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment