Friday, May 2, 2014

The Temptations of Anna Jacobs by Robyn DeHart

The Temptations of Anna Jacobs (Dangerous Liaisons, #2)
Release date: April 15, 2014
Publisher: InterMix
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Dangerous Liaisons #2

Love and justice…

When Drew Foster is released from prison, he doesn't much care about salvaging his soiled reputation. Though he's working undercover, everyone in Victorian London believes him guilty of the Jack the Ripper murders and that his brother paid for his "innocence."

Despite her genteel upbringing, Anna Jacobs is intent on finishing medical school and becoming a physician. Society's ridicule has never bothered her, but when her brother, the Yard's best detective, is scorned for letting Drew go, she confronts the one man who can set the record straight at a ball. She certainly doesn't count on the rogue being dashing and handsome, nor on him stealing a passionate kiss.

Anna's brazen contempt for his dangerous reputation captivates Drew, but he is harboring secrets that make him unfit to court any proper woman. As he finds himself an outsider among his colleagues at Scotland Yard, the feisty beauty offers up her medical knowledge to assist him on the case. But when the real killer returns to London to continue his reign of terror, can Anna find safety in Drew's arms?


My Rating: 5 Roses

With sweet romance and thrilling mystery, The Temptations of Anna Jacobs was a fantastic historical romance read. I really liked this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat and I really enjoyed reading it. Loved it!

Anna was a lovely heroine. She was very smart, strong, and determined not to let society's disapproval sway her from what she wanted. I appreciated that she was unwilling to let rumors dictate how she perceived a person (like with Drew's reputation as the Ripper). She was a great heroine and I really liked her.

Drew was also wonderful. He was really trying to redeem himself in this book. After being drunk for most of his adult life, keeping bad company, and being so muddle minded that he allowed the murders to be pinned on him, he wasn't going to go back to all that. He set out to redeem himself and he definitely did. He proved himself as a clever, determined, and worthy gentleman. And, he was so sweet and adorable. I thought he was a perfectly flawed hero.

The romance was great. Anna and Drew were very sweet together. I liked how Anna didn't judge Drew for his past or his reputation, and Drew understood Anna's wish to be a doctor. There was some steaminess between them, though their romance was mostly sweet. I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were tons of thrills that kept me on the edge of my seat, as Anna and Drew tried to find the Ripper. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

The Temptation of Anna Jacobs was a fantastic historical romance. I loved this book. The romance was sweet, the mystery was thrilling, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Romance lovers, this book is a must read.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


1 comment:

  1. I loved this one too with its combo of mystery and romance.

    ReplyDelete