Saturday, May 3, 2014

Noble Intentions by Katie MacAlister

Noble Intentions (Noble series)
Release date: May 6, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Noble #1

Take one infamous earl...

Noble Britton, Lord Weston, has come to London intending to revisit old friends, enjoy a modicum of society, and-oh, yes-find a mild, biddable wife.

Add an irrepressible American

Gillian Leigh's Unfortunate Habit of speaking her mind and Shocking Susceptibility to Accidents have left her on the shelf at five-and-twenty. So why can't Noble resist her?

And good intentions are bound to fail

When Gillian meets the infamous Black Earl, she knows that at last she's found a man who can match her zest for life, even if that entails the occasional arson...or kidnapping. Not to mention the encounters with his former mistresses...

Although life with Gillian involves as much chaos as laughter, Noble fully intends to claim her for his own-if she doesn't accidentally kill him first.


My Rating: 4.5 Roses

A  super fun, absolutely hilarious, delightfully romantic read, Noble Intentions was a fantastic romance. I really liked this book. It was so funny and sweet and adorable and I really enjoyed reading it.

Gillian was a fun heroine. She got herself into crazy situations, always with the best of intentions, and it was so entertaining to see. She had a tendency to some epic clumsiness and it made for some really funny scenes. Like the one where she tries to say yes to Noble's proposal with a passionate embrace and ends up nearly giving him a concussion. She was very sweet and genuinely nice and truly likable. I thought she was lovely.

Noble was also wonderful. He seemed formidable at first, with his sternness, but it didn't take long before he showed himself to be a sweet man who put up some serious walls after his first wife screwed him over. Multiple times. He could be a bit of an ass when he got mad (which was frequently) and that made me want to whack him upside the head. But, overall, he was adorable and I really liked him.

The romance was lovely. Gillian and Noble were so sweet together. They balanced each other out, with Noble's ordered calmness and Gillian's unfettered exuberance. And, there was definitely some steaminess in this book. These two could barely keep their hands off of each other and it frequently got super hot. I thought they were a perfect couple.

The plot was well paced. I wasn't totally hooked, but I was definitely kept interested the entire way through. The story was so much fun. There were so many hilarious antics by the characters that had me laughing throughout the book. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was adorable.

Noble Intentions was a fantastic historical romance read. I really liked this book. It was fun, sweet, romantic, and very enjoyable. Romance lovers, you really should read this book.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

2 comments:

  1. It sounds great. I'm happy to see that you had so much fun reading it. I can't help but feel the cover doesn't do the title justice. Doesn't look like the man has any noble intentions going on in there. I would love to read this book though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great to get a funny book. The title is actually a play on words, which you get when you read the book. And, when you do, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete