Saturday, May 3, 2014

Meet the Earl at Midnight by Gina Conkle

Meet the Earl at Midnight (Midnight Meetings, #1)
Release date: May 6, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical (Georgian) Romance
Series: Midnight Meetings #1

What drove the brilliant recluse to meet her at midnight?

1768…A deadline looms for Lord Edward Sanford, Earl of Greenwich. He needs an heir quickly. The hasty offering of Lydia Montgomery, an on-the-shelf woman, works. Lydia has plans of her own, secret plans that don’t involve a man. But, their agreement, forged in moonlight, changes in the light of day. Edward discovers Lydia’s a woman with a past, but this adds to their sizzling chemistry.

Even worse, the impertinent woman insinuates herself in his scientific work: the domain where no woman should mix. Lydia's diagrams and illustrations speak volumes...of his work to the outside world and hers to London’s art world—a place reserved for men only. But, newfound fame makes a tangled mess. Will their greatest discovery be each other before time runs out?


My Rating: 4 Roses

Sweet, charming, and romantic, Meet the Earl at Midnight was a wonderful historical romance read. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was absolutely lovely.

Lydia was a good heroine. She was strong, clever, and determined to follow her dreams. She could be a bit stubborn at times and she did some dumb stuff, but it were always done with the best of intentions, so it didn't bother me too much. Overall, I liked her.

Edward was also wonderful. He was very smart and much more interested in his scientific work than in Society, especially after he was scarred. So, he didn't have all the social niceties. But, he was sweet and a truly good man at heart. A few times, I wanted to shake some sense into him for being stubborn, but he figured himself out eventually and redeemed himself in my book. I really liked him.

The romance was good. Lydia and Edward were great together, though I didn't really feel the depth of their emotions, partly because they were so guarded with them. But, I still thought they were lovely together.

The plot was well paced. I wasn't totally hooked, but I was kept interested the entire way through. I enjoyed the story and the ending was perfect.

Meet the Earl at Midnight was a wonderful historical romance. I really liked this book. It was sweet, romantic, and enjoyable. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment