Sunday, May 4, 2014

Her Perfect Mate by Paige Tyler

Her Perfect Mate (X-Ops, #1)
Release date: May 6, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: X-Ops #1

When Special Forces Captain Landon Donovan is picked for an assignment with the Department of Covert Affairs, he’s stunned to find his new partner is a beautiful woman who looks like she couldn’t hurt a fly, much less take down a terrorist.

Ivy Halliwell isn’t your average covert op. Her feline DNA means she can literally bring out the claws when things get dicey. She isn’t thrilled to be paired with yet another military grunt, but Landon is different. He doesn’t think she’s a freak and he’s smokin’ hot.

Soon they find themselves facing a threat even greater than anyone imagines...and an animal magnetism impossible to ignore.


My Rating: 4 Roses

Thrilling, romantic, and enjoyable, Her Perfect Mate was a wonderful paranormal romance. I really enjoyed reading this book. It was a lovely read.

Ivy was a great heroine. She was very strong and a force to be reckoned with. She could fight like hell and refused to take crap from anyone, about being a shifter or being a woman in a Special Ops team. But, she was also nice, likable, and loyal to those she cared about. I thought she was lovely.

Landon was also wonderful. He was very sweet and definitely strong. I liked that he was never judgmental and didn't let anyone try make him. He was great and I really liked him.

The romance was lovely. Ivy and Landon were a perfect match. They were both incredibly strong and clever and they made an unstoppable team. They chemistry between them was constantly sizzling and it got very hot. These two were a wonderful couple.

The plot was well paced. I wasn't totally hooked, which was my one problem with the book. I wasn't completely absorbed in the story. However, I was still kept interested the entire way through. There were plenty of thrills as Ivy and Landon went on extremely dangerous missions. I enjoyed the story and the ending was great, tying up the romance, while leaving me curious about what will happen with the villains in book 2.

Her Perfect Mate was a wonderful paranormal romance. I liked this book and I really enjoyed reading it. From the romance, to the countless thrills, this was a lovely read. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have yet to heard of this author until now. I do love shifter romances, but I really like the idea of these characters together. It definitely sounds worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is worth a read. It's the first in a new series, so I have high hopes for the next books. I hope you end up liking this book, too, when you get the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete