Friday, April 18, 2014

Whisper Falls by Elizabeth Langston

Whisper Falls (Whisper Falls, #1)
Release date: November 19, 2013
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Genre: YA Time-Travel Romance
Series: Whisper Falls #1

While training for a mountain bike race, high-school senior Mark Lewis spots a mysterious girl dressed in odd clothing, standing behind a waterfall in the woods near his North Carolina home. When she comments on the strange machine that he rides, he suspects something isn’t right. When Susanna claims to be an indentured servant from 1796, he wonders if she's crazy. Yet he feels compelled to find out more.

Mark enters a ‘long-distance’ relationship with Susanna through the shimmering--and temperamental--barrier of Whisper Falls. Curious about her world, Mark combs through history to learn about the brutal life she's trapped in. But knowledge can be dangerous. Soon he must choose between the risk of changing history or dooming the girl he can't stop thinking about to a lifetime of misery.


My Rating: 5 Roses

From the very beginning, this book drew me in. From the impeccable period details, to the suspense, and the absolutely adorable romance, Whisper Falls was a brilliant YA romance. I loved this book! It was deep, intriguing, and a truly enjoyable read. Loved it!

The setting in this book was perfect. It was obviously well researched, with precise details and the author managed to present them in a way that drew me into the story. I really liked how both characters reacted to seeing the world outside of their time period. It was interesting and realistically done. The whole time-travel thing was very well done.

Susanna was a wonderful heroine. She had a very difficult life, yet she stayed strong through it all. Even when her own safety was on the line, her first priority was taking care of her sister and the children of her master. She was very loyal and willing to fight for what she wanted. I thought she was lovely.

Mark was also great. He was absolutely determined to help Susanna and keep her safe, even if he had to literally enter a different world. He was very sweet, clever, and totally adorable. I absolutely loved him.

The romance was so sweet. Susanna and Mark were so lovely together and they made a great, two-century team. I thought they were a perfect couple. I can't wait to see how things turn out for them in the next book.

The plot was well paced and I was totally drawn in the entire way through. This story didn't fly by, but instead went by steadily, with the details and characters keeping me immersed. The suspense of whether or not Susanna and Mark would succeed in their efforts to keep Susanna and her sister safe kept me hooked. I really enjoyed the story and I'm very excited to see what happens next. Can't wait for book 2!

Whisper Falls was a fantastic YA romance. I absolutely loved this book! It was deep, thoughtful, suspenseful, and sweetly romantic. I enjoyed every bit of it. YA lovers, this is definitely a must read.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


2 comments:

  1. I have been looking at this one for awhile but wasn't sure. I'm so glad to hear that you liked it. I will be sure to add it to my read soon list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that! I hope you like it, too, when you get the chance to read it :)

    ReplyDelete