Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Wicked We Have Done by Sarah Harian

The Wicked We Have Done (Chaos Theory, #1)
Release date: March 18, 2014
Publisher: Penguin/Intermix Books
Genre: New Adult Sci-Fi/Dystopia Romance
Series: Chaos Theory #1

Evalyn Ibarra never expected to be an accused killer and experimental prison test subject. A year ago, she was a normal college student. Now she’s been sentenced to a month in the compass room—an advanced prison obstacle course designed by the government to execute justice.

If she survives, the world will know she’s innocent.

Locked up with nine notorious and potentially psychotic criminals, Evalyn must fight the prison and dismantle her past to stay alive. But the system prized for accuracy appears to be killing at random.

She doesn’t plan on making friends.

She doesn’t plan on falling in love, either.


My Rating: 5 Roses

An intense, thrilling, romantic, thought-provoking read, The Wicked We Have Done was absolutely fantastic. I loved this book. It kept me hooked and on the edge of my seat the entire way through and left me anxious to find out what happens next. Loved this book!

Evalyn was a wonderful heroine. She feels intense guilt for the crime she was convicted for and was more concerned about protecting her family than saving herself. I liked how the details of what actually happened were slowly revealed throughout the book and how nothing was how it first seemed. Evalyn was strong and proved herself as a worthy heroine several times over. I really liked her character. She was totally badass.

Casey was the love interest and he was amazing. Like Evalyn, the truth of his crime wasn't as it first seemed. He was really very sweet and protective of those he loved. I thought he was wonderful and I absolutely adored him.

The romance was lovely. It wasn't the main focus of the book, but it was an important element. Evalyn and Casey were a wonderful couple. They made one hell of an unstoppable team and they were a perfect match. Both were incredibly strong and would do anything to protect their loved ones. There was definitely some chemistry between them, but that factor was low, since they kind of had more important things to think about. I thought they were great together.

I loved how all the other characters, particularly the other killers, were portrayed. I liked how some were portrayed as the epitome of a psychopath. A maniac that took pleasure in hurting and killing people. But, as the book went on, others were portrayed in a way that made things not so black and white. I thought that was really well done.

The plot was fast paced and I was totally hooked the entire way through. There were tons of thrills and near-death situations that kept me on the edge of my seat. My one problem with the book is that we didn't learn what the Chaos Theory was. It got mentioned, but never explained. But, since I assume it will be explained in the next books, it wasn't a big problem. I really enjoyed the story and the ending has me excited for book 2.

The Wicked We Have Done was a brilliant New Adult read! I absolutely loved this book. It had thrills, romance, twists, secrets, and so much more. New Adult lovers, this is a book you'll definitely want to read.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment