Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Highland Henchman by Amy Jarecki

The Highland Henchman (Highland Force #2)
Release date: April 1, 2014
Publisher: Rapture Books
Genre: Historical (Highlander) Romance
Series: Highland Force #2

Intent on winning a Lowlander’s tournament, Bran MacLeod travels south with his laird. All goes as planned, except spirited Miss Enya Ross continually distracts him, and in the oddest situations. With no business lusting after a baron’s daughter, Bran decides to return to Raasay—until his laird pledges Bran’s services in the fight to reinstate Mary, Queen of Scots to the throne.

Enya has no deference for the lines of nobility, or for the Great Divide that separates Lowlanders from Highlanders. The way Sir Bran’s eyes hunger for her ignites an internal fire Enya cannot quell. All her life she’s wanted adventure and excitement, but now her every thought is consumed with the rugged Highlander.

With all odds stacked against them, can their forbidden love withstand the tumult of war and the menace of betrayal?


My Rating: 5 Roses

Full of lovely romance, surprising betrayals, and tons of action, The Highland Henchmen was a fantastic historical romance read. I loved this book! It was romantic, thrilling, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Enya was a lovely heroine. She was vivacious, strong, and just wanted someone who didn't try to change her behavior. And, when she found it, she wasn't afraid to fight for it. She was a fun character that brought a lot of life to the pages and I really liked her.

Bran was also wonderful. He was very sweet, intensely loyal, and fastidiously honorable. Nothing could stop him for fighting for what he believed in and what he wanted. I could go on and on about how amazing he was, but I'll just say that he was perfect and I adored him.

The romance was lovely. Enya and Bran were so sweet together. I loved how they both implicitly understood each other, especially with how Bran accepted Enya, with all of her unladylike habits, as she was. And, the chemistry between them was sizzling, with plenty of steaminess going on. I thought they were a perfect couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were tons of thrills, secrets, and betrayals that kept me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely. Can't wait to read the next book in the series!

The Highland Henchman was a fantastic historical romance. I really loved this book. From the sweet and hot romance, to the surprises in store, this book was wonderful. Romance lovers, this is a book you'll definitely want to read.

*I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review


2 comments:

  1. Hi Farrah, thak you, thank you for your FANTASTIC review! You are a true reviewer gem! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete