Friday, April 11, 2014

The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa

The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
Release date: April 15, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Paranormal (Vampire)/Post-Apocalyptic Romance
Series: Blood of Eden #3

VENGEANCE WILL BE HERS

Allison Sekemoto once struggled with the question: human or monster?

With the death of her love, Zeke, she has her answer.

MONSTER

Allie will embrace her cold vampire side to hunt down and end Sarren, the psychopathic vampire who murdered Zeke. But the trail is bloody and long, and Sarren has left many surprises for Allie and her companions—her creator, Kanin, and her blood brother, Jackal. The trail is leading straight to the one place they must protect at any cost—the last vampire-free zone on Earth, Eden. And Sarren has one final, brutal shock in store for Allie.

In a ruined world where no life is sacred and former allies can turn on you in one heartbeat, Allie will face her darkest days. And if she succeeds, triumph is short-lived in the face of surviving forever alone.


My Rating: 5 Roses

Absolutely brilliant! I adored this series so I had high hopes for the conclusion and it definitely didn't disappoint. It was epic! With secrets, surprises, thrills, and romance, The Forever Song was just amazing. From beginning to end, I was hooked and I loved every bit of it. Perfection!

I absolutely adore the world that Julie created for this book. It was dark and desolate but had hints of hope that people refused to let go. I loved how she portrayed vampires. They were dangerous and bloodthirsty and it was inevitable that every vampire would eventually lose control. But, each vampire could choose which type of vampire they wanted to be in the meantime.

Allie truly proved herself as a strong, clever, and determined heroine in this book. We already knew she was a badass, even downright formidable if you pissed her off, and she proved it even more. What can I say about her? She was awesome. I absolutely loved her in the previous books, and, by the end of this book, I liked her even more.

After how we left Zeke at the end of book 2, I was anxious for him. There were plenty of surprises in store with this poor guy. But, even with the effects of what Sarren did to him, Zeke was still the adorable guy we all love. He was strong and determined to keep his loved ones safe. He broke my heart, made me swoon, and I adored every bit of him.

The romance was wonderful. Allie and Zeke were just so perfect together. I don't want to say to much, because I'm sure I'll end up giving something away, but they were a badass, absolutely wonderful couple.

Kanin and Jackel were both brilliant. I already liked Kanin and he earned my respect as a character in this book. He was determined to make his mistake right, no matter what it cost. Jackel, the adorable bastard that he is, was amazing. He's a horrible person, but it's impossible not to love him. He came with a few surprises as well. There was more to him than he cared to show and we finally see hints of that in this book. Both of these characters were wonderful.

The plot was fast paced and I was utterly hooked the entire way through. There were thrills, secrets, surprises, and, of course, it can't be a Julie Kagawa book without heartbreak and a heartwrenching death. Who will it be? I won't say. You'll have to find out for yourself :) I loved the story and the ending was a perfect conclusion to a brilliant series. I love Julie's books and I can't wait to read more from her.

The Forever Song was absolutely magnificent! I loved this book so much! It was a perfect ending to a fantastic series. With thrills, secrets, surprises, and romance at every turn, this book doesn't disappoint. Fans of the series, you will love this final installment. And, YA lovers, this is definitely a must read series.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment