Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Foretold by Rinda Elliott

Foretold
Release date: April 1, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Paranormal (Myths) Romance
Series: Sisters of Fate #1

It is written that three Sisters of Fate have the power
to change the world's destiny.
But only if they survive…

The Lockwood triplets have had the prophecy drummed into their heads since birth. Still, Raven, the eldest of the sisters, can't believe it's really happening. She's the reincarnation of a Norse goddess? One of the sisters is destined to die? When it starts snowing in summer in Florida, the sisters fear the worst has come to pass. Ragnarok, the Norse end of the world, has begun.

Raven finds herself the secret protector of Vanir, a boy with two wolves, a knowledge of Norse magic and a sense of destiny he can't quite explain. He's intense, sexy and equally determined to save her when it becomes clear someone is endangering them. Raven doesn't know if getting closer to him will make a difference in the coming battle, but her heart isn't giving her a choice.

Ahead of the sisters is the possibility of death at the hand of a warrior, death by snow, death by water or death by fire.

Or even from something else…

Sisters of Fate
The prophecy doesn't lie: one is doomed to die.


My Rating: 4.5 Roses

Absolutely fantastic! Foretold was an absolutely amazing YA paranormal romance. I loved this book! After reading the blurb, I had high expectations going in and this book definitely didn't disappoint. Loved it!

I just love how original the concept for this book is. I've never seen anything similar to this book, with its interesting use of Norse mythology. Three sisters that are reincarnations of Norse goddesses, the onset of the Norse apocalypse, and three warriors who are reincarnations of Norse gods who are also prophecized to kill one of said sisters. Not to mention their insane mother and a certain trickster god on the loose. It was all wonderfully done and I loved it all.

Raven was a wonderful heroine. She was strong and determined to keep Vanir safe and find a way to keep her sister and herself alive. I really liked her. She was a lovely character.

Vanir was just amazing. This guy was so sweet and determined to keep his family safe, after he proved a target for dark spirits. He had a way of going from super hot to super sweet and, overall, totally swoon-worthy. And, he was just a very nice guy in general. He just also happened to have the power of a god if someone really pissed him off. I absolutely adored him. He was perfect.

The romance was lovely. Raven and Vanir were great together. They were both strong and determined and definitely proved themselves a formidable team. And, the heat level between them was on the higher end for YA books. My one issue with them was that it seemed a bit too insta-love. I got that they were fated to be together and the souls of the gods that they housed led them to have an instant connection, but I wish we had seen them actually gotten to know each other more. But, they were a little too busy with an apocalypse to worry about going on dates, so I understood it. Overall, I thought they were perfect together.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. It was a little all over the place at first because I didn't understand what was going on and it took a while to explain things fully. But, once I got it, I was riveted. There were tons of thrills and one hell of a surprise to keep you on the edge of your seat. I really enjoyed the story and the ending has me excited for book 2.

Foretold was a fantastic YA paranormal romance. I loved this book! The romance, myths, surprises, and thrills were all wonderful. From beginning to end, it was just lovely. YA romance readers, this is a book you don't want to miss.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment