Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Whisper in Time by Elizabeth Langston

A Whisper in Time (Whisper Falls, #2)
Release date: April 8, 2014
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Genre: YA Romance
Series: Whisper Falls #2

"I have never been useless in my life"

Rescued from a life of servitude by the boy she loves, Susanna Marsh escapes across two centuries, only to be plunged into a world she's ill-prepared to face. Unable to work or go to school, Susanna finds herself dependent on others to survive.

Immersed in the fun and demands of his senior year of high school, Mark Lewis longs to share his world with the girl who's captured his heart. But first he must tackle government bureaucracy to prove Susanna's identity.

Overwhelmed by her new home, Susanna seeks refuge in history and in news of the people she left behind. But when she learns that danger stalks her sister, Susanna must weigh whether to risk her own future in order to save Phoebe's happiness.


My Rating: 5 Roses

A deep, emotional, and absolutely lovely read, A Whisper in Time was just brilliant! I loved book 1 in this series, so I had high expectations for this book. And, I'm happy to say that it didn't disappoint. I. Loved. This. Book. It was pure perfection.

I just love the author's writing style. She has a way of creating a whole atmosphere that totally drew me in. It kept me totally absorbed in the world of the characters. And, I really appreciated that she made things realistic. Moving to a new century would come with a lot of struggles for Susanna, and that was realistically depicted. From the court process of establishing a legal identity, to just getting used to the new world, the story was portrayed with a delightful realism, with a touch of magic. I have to say, it was brilliantly done.

I already liked Susanna from book 1, and I like her still in book 2. She is really strong-willed and fiercely loyal to those she loved. Despite her past, or perhaps because of it, she refused to stand down when it came to what she believed was right. And, she was just so kind-hearted and truly likable. I thought she was wonderful.

Mark was just as adorable in this book. He was determined to help Susanna, whether it was in helping her lean how to navigate the 21st century, or going back to the 18th century to ensure her sister's welfare. He was amazing and I totally adored him.

The romance was so very sweet. Susanna and Mark are the perfect couple. I loved how they were so devoted to each other and never faltered in their feelings, even when things got tough. I just love them together. They were a lovely couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. As I said before, the entire world of the book had me completely drawn in and I just couldn't put this book down. I loved the story and the ending was delightful. I can't wait to read the third (and, I believe, the final) book in this series. I excited to see how things turn out for these lovely characters.

A Whisper in Time was a magnificent YA romance. I completely and totally loved this book. From the wonderful characters, to the riveting story, this book was just brilliant. Fans of book 1, you will love book 2. And, YA lovers, this is definitely a series you don't want to miss.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment