Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Wedding By Dawn by Alison DeLaine

A Wedding By Dawn
Release date: April 29, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Genre: Historical (Georgian) Romance

A hellion on the run.

Lady India Sinclair will stop at nothing to live life on her own terms—even stealing a ship and fleeing to the Mediterranean. At last on her own, free to do as she pleases, she is determined to chart her own course. There's only one problem…

A gentleman determined to possess her.

Nicholas Warre has made a deal. To save his endangered estate, he will find Lady India, marry her and bring her back to England at the behest of her father. And with thousands at stake, he doesn't much care what the lady thinks of the idea. But as the two engage in a contest of wills, the heat between them becomes undeniable…and the wedding they each dread may lead to a love they can't live without.


My Rating: 3 Roses

A pleasant surprise. I was a bit wary going into this book because I've previously read a book by this author that I really didn't like, but I decided to give it a chance. And, I'm glad I did! A Wedding by Dawn was a lovely historical romance. I really liked this book. It wasn't perfect, but it was a wonderful read.

India was a good heroine. She was strong and determined to live life on her own terms. Unfortunately, she was also very foolhardy, frustratingly stubborn, and frequently did things without realizing the consequences of her actions. It got better over the course of the book and her stubbornness became a much more admirable resilience. By the end of the book, I quite liked her.

Nicholas was also good, though, like with India, I had some issues with him. On one hand, he could be sweet and was very determined and loyal to his family. He would do anything to save his estate so that he could take care of both his childhood home and his family. Even if it meant doing something that grated on his conscience. Because, despite his desperate actions, Nicholas was a good man at heart. On the other hand, he could really be an ass sometimes. To the point where I wanted to hit him. It kept me from really liking him, but, overall, I was okay with him.

The romance was good. It developed in an interesting way, with India and Nicholas being so opposed to each other. It went from lust, to both realizing that the other wasn't so bad, to-very slowly-falling in love. I think that it couldn't have worked any other way and, consequently, it was well done. And the chemistry between them was sizzling, right from the start. Whether they were fighting or...otherwise, the sparks were constantly flying. I thought they were a great couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. There were tons of thrills and excitement from the tug of war that India and Nicholas played. I enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

A Wedding by Dawn was a lovely historical romance. It wasn't perfect, but I did like it. From the thrills, to the romance, it was a great read. Romance lovers, you might want to check this book out.

*I received a complimentary copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment