Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Witchfall by Victoria Lamb

Witchfall
Release date: March 25, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Historical/Paranormal Romance
Series: The Tudor Witch Trilogy #2

Her darkest dreams are coming true

In Tudor England, 1555, Meg Lytton has learned how powerful her magick gift can be. But danger surrounds her and her mistress, the outcast Princess Elizabeth. Nowhere is safe in the court of Elizabeth's fanatical sister, Queen Mary. And as the Spanish Inquisition's merciless priests slowly tighten their grip on the court, Meg's very dreams are disturbed by the ever-vengeful witchfinder Marcus Dent.

Even as Meg tries to use her powers to find guidance, something evil arises, impervious to Meg's spells and hungry to control England's fate. As Meg desperately tries to keep her secret betrothed, the Spanish priest Alejandro de Castillo, out of harm's way, caution wars with their forbidden desire. And with her most powerful enemy poised to strike, Meg's only chance is a heartbreaking sacrifice.


My Rating: 5 Roses

An absolutely brilliant sequel, Witchfall was an amazing read. I loved this book. It was thrilling, unpredictable, romantic, and left me wanting more. I adored book 1 in this series, and book 2 definitely didn't disappoint.

Meg grew into her powers more in this book. She was already a strong character in book 1 and, in this book, she proved it again several times over. She was tough, fiercely loyal, and determined to keep her mistress safe, no matter what cost to her. I liked her in book 1 and I liked her even more in book 2.

Alejandro was also wonderful. He really proved himself as a hero in this book. He was strong, clever, determined to protect the woman he loved, and loyal to her above all else. He was also so sweet and I adored him even more in this book. He was amazing and I absolutely loved him.

The romance was sweet, as Meg and Alejandro's relationship deepened. I really liked how, despite the fact that their loyalties were tied in different places, they were true to each other. The romance isn't the main point of the book, since it was focused on the magic and royal drama, but it was lovely all the same.

There were new characters introduced in this book and I liked them all. Especially Richard. He was...interesting. I'm curious to see how things work out for him

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. I was kept on the edge of my seat, with all the secrets, court drama, magic, and thrills. There were tons of surprises along the way, from twists that I never saw coming, and secrets that explained a lot. I really enjoyed the story and the ending has me dying to get my hands on book 3. I can't wait to see how things turn out for these characters.

Witchfall was amazing, brilliant, fantastic, and just pure perfection. I loved this book, from start to finish. It was a wild ride, full of twists, turns, secrets, and romance. It was a sequel that definitely does't disappoint. Fans of book 1, you'll love this book. And YA lovers, this is a series you definitely need to read.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment