Friday, March 14, 2014

The Witch of Clan Sinclair by Karen Ranney

The Witch of Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #2)
Release date: April 29, 2014
Publisher: Avon Books
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: Clan Sinclair #2

Logan Harrison is looking for a wife. As the Lord Provost of Edinburgh, he needs a conventional and diplomatic woman who will stand by his side and help further his political ambitions. He most certainly does not need Mairi Sinclair, the fiery, passionate, fiercely beautiful woman who tries to thwart him at every turn. But if she's so wrong for him, why can't he stop kissing her? He is completely bewitched.

Mairi Sinclair has never met anyone like Logan Harrison, the perfect example of everything she finds wrong with the world. He's also incredibly handsome, immensely popular, and impossible to resist. His kisses inflame her and awaken a passion she can barely control.

Can two people who are at such odds admit to a love that would bind them together for life?


My Rating: 5 Roses

The Witch of Clan Sinclair was a fantastic historical romance. It had a strong heroine, a charming hero, a mysterious saboteur. And, I loved every bit of it.

Mairi was a lovely character. She was strong, determined, and caring. My only problem with her was that I didn't understand why she was so hesitant about Logan, when he definitely proved himself as a good man. I got that she had a bad experience with a suitor before, but I think it stretched out too far. Overall, though, I really liked her.

Logan was super sweet. He was a very clever, loyal, and determined man. Nothing was going to stop him from winning over the woman he loved. I really liked how intent he was on winning Mairi over. I totally adored him. I thought he was perfect.

The romance was great. Mairi and Logan were so sweet together. Both were determined and strong and they definitely met their match in each other. And, the sparks were constantly flying between them, whether they were fighting or...something else ;) There was definitely a lot of chemistry there. I thought they were lovely together.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were tons of thrills as our couple tried to find out who was sabotaging Mairi and that kept me riveted. I suspected who it turned out to be, but the full extent of it was still a surprise. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was lovely. Can't wait to read more from this wonderful series!

The Witch of Clan Sinclair was a brilliant historical romance. I really enjoyed reading it. Everything from the romance, to the mystery was all wonderful. Romance lovers, this is a book you have to read. 

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment