Sunday, March 2, 2014

Soul Betrayed by Katlyn Duncan

Soul Betrayed (The Life After #3)
Release date: February 27, 2014
Publisher: Carina 
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Series: The Life After #3

A Life for a Life

The battle between Shadowed and Guard has brought destruction and terror to Gate Seven and now Maggie wants revenge. As the only after-life being who can save the souls from ultimate death Maggie comes face to face with her own human body, preserved for a century, waiting for just this moment to arrive.

Yet, how far will Maggie go to exact her revenge on the Shadowed? And when she comes face to face with her past, how will she survive the onslaught of memories she thought long gone?

For when the truth comes out all is not what it seems and Maggie has finally run out of time... She must choose her destiny or watch all she has perish in the fight for her life!


My Rating: 4 Roses

A lovely conclusion to a wonderful series, Soul Betrayed was a great read. This book definitely took me by surprise. It was unpredictable and the ending was unexpected and I really liked that about this book. It was thrilling, surprising, and an enjoyable read.

Maggie really grew up in this book. She found out more about her past, came into her full strength, and proved herself as a heroine. She was tough and determined to keep her loved ones safe. By the end of the book, I really liked her.

The romance was always light in this series but, in this book, it took a turn that I wasn't expecting. But, I thought it was sweet and, with the new things we learn about Maggie and Jackson's past, it became deeper. I wasn't sure how I felt about Jackson in the previous books, but I definitely liked him after this one. He was loyal and would give up anything for the one he loved. I thought he was wonderful.

The plot was well paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. As I said, there were surprises along the way that kept me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed the story and the ending has me both happy and devastated. It was a perfect, bittersweet ending to the story.

Soul Betrayed was a lovely YA paranormal read. I really liked this book. It was a wonderful conclusion to the Life After series. Fans of the series, you won't be disappointed. And, YA lovers, this is a series worth checking out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment