Sunday, March 30, 2014

Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn

Searching for Beautiful
Release date: March 4, 2014
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance

Before, Brynn had a group of best friends, a loving boyfriend, a growing talent for pottery. She had a life. And after…she had none.

When Brynn lost the boyfriend who never loved her, the friends who feel she betrayed their trust, and the new life just beginning to grow inside her, she believes her future is as empty as her body. But then Christian, the boy next door, starts coming around. Playing his guitar and pushing her to create art once more. She meets some new friends at the local community center, plus even gets her dad to look her in the eye again…sort of.

But can Brynn open up her heart to truly find her life’s own beauty, when living for the after means letting go of the before?


My Rating: 4 Roses

Deeply emotional and absolutely lovely, Searching for Beautiful was a wonderful YA read. I really liked this book and I really enjoyed reading it.

Brynn was a lovely heroine. After her mother's death, she pulled away from her friends and closed herself off, only to get pulled into a dependent relationship with a manipulative older guy. And, to top it off, it all came crumbling down on her. She definitely didn't have an easy time. But, she grew up over the course of the book and found the strength to deal with it all and move on...eventually. There were times when she was a bit shrewish, but I understood why she was, so it didn't bother me to much. Overall, I really liked her.

Christian was wonderful. He was very sweet and realistic. There are a lot of books where the heroine kind of uses the hero as a punching bag and, yet, the poor fool keeps coming back. Christian wasn't a pushover. He was loyal and willing to stand by Brynn, but he was also not going to force his presence when he kept being pushed away. I liked that about him. He was sweet and understanding, but not willing to make excuses when there weren't any. Basically, he acted like a real person. I really liked that and I definitely adored him.

The romance was sweet. It progressed slowly, as Brynn found her say through all her demons. I thought it was sweet how Christian was there for her and helped her move one. They were lovely together.

The plot was good. My main problem with this book was that it took a several chapters before I was fully drawn in. The transitions from past to present were a little shaky at first, before I got used to them. But, once the plot really kicked off, I was hooked. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

Searching for Beautiful was a wonderful YA read. It was sweet, emotional, and an enjoyable read. YA romance lovers, you'll want to check this book out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment