Thursday, March 20, 2014

Knight Assassin by Rima Jean

Knight Assassin
Release date: March 4, 2014
Publisher: Entangled: Teen
Genre: YA Paranormal/Historical Romance

Seventeen-year-old Zayn has special powers she cannot control—powers that others fear and covet. Powers that cause the Templar Knights to burn Zayn’s mother at the stake for witchcraft.

When a mysterious stranger tempts Zayn to become the first female member of the heretical Assassins, the chance to seek her revenge lures her in. She trains to harness her supernatural strength and agility, and then enters the King of Jerusalem's court in disguise with the assignment to assassinate Guy de Molay, her mother’s condemner.

But once there, she discovers Earic Goodwin, the childhood friend who still holds her heart, among the knights—and his ocean-blue eyes don’t miss a thing. Will vengeance be worth the life of the one love she has left?


My Rating: 5 Roses

Absolutely amazing, thrilling, romantic, and just wonderful! Knight Assassin was a brilliant YA read. I loved this book. Everything about it, from the impeccable setting to the thrilling action, was perfect. Loved it!

I love how the setting was done. Since I know quite a bit about Arab culture, from the religion to the everyday way of life, I would have been turned off right away if something was inaccurate. But, everything was spot on and vividly described. The lush details made me feel totally transported into the setting. I thought it was brilliantly done.

Zayn was a fantastic heroine. This poor girl went through so much, from the disapproval of the entire town she dealt with while growing up, to her mother's murder and something even worse. But, she found a way to keep her strength and, eventually, become strong enough to take on everyone who tried to get in her way. She was definitely a survivor. I especially liked that she didn't let her bad experiences turn her cold. She was still a genuinely nice person (unless you wronged her; then she would take you down). I really liked her. I thought she was a wonderful character.

Earic was also wonderful. We only get glimpses of his character from Zayn's memories for about the first half, but those glimpses made me like him right away. Then, when he came into the picture, I liked him even more. He was very strong and loyal to what he believed in, even if it sometimes meant going against the rules. And he was so sweet and devoted to Zayn. I just adored him. I thought he was wonderful.

The romance was fairly light, since Zayn and Earic don't reunite for a while. But, that didn't mean it wasn't there. Even when they were separated, Zayn was thinking about Earic and, when they met again, it was obvious that they still cared for each other. These two were so perfectly matched and so meant to be together. I thought they were a lovely couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were enough secrets and surprises to keep me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed the story and the ending has me excited to see what happens next. I can't wait to read book 2!

Knight Assassin was a brilliant YA read. I absolutely loved this book. It was just amazing, from the characters, to the setting, to the action, and the romance. All of it was perfect. Lovers of YA romance, this book is a must read.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment