Friday, March 7, 2014

Before You Break by Christina Lee

Before You Break (Between Breaths, #2)
Release date: February 18, 2014
Publisher: Intermix (Penguin)
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Series: Between Breaths #2

A sexy, emotional New Adult romance about a bad boy on the edge and a good girl about to lose control…

The star catcher of the college baseball team isn't supposed to have skeletons in his closet. But Daniel Quinn is hiding a guilty past so dark he refuses to let anyone get close. Except there’s something about gorgeous, studious Ella Abrams that goes beyond the electric attraction between them—something that makes him want to open up.

Ella has suffered enough heartache and guilt to fill one of her psychology textbooks, but she keeps that part of herself hidden behind a bubbly exterior. Until she receives an anonymous call while working the suicide helpline and the voice on the other end touches something inside of her that she can’t ignore.

Soon Ella and Quinn’s physical connection heats up, even as their deep and revealing hotline talks intensify. But by the time Ella realizes that her seductive jock and her sensitive caller are the same guy, it might be too late to save him—or to stop herself from falling too far.


My Rating: 5 Roses

An absolutely sweet, emotional, lovely romance, Before You Break was a fantastic read. I loved this book. It was truly enjoyable and just perfect. From the romance, to the secrets, this book was brilliant.

Ella was a lovely heroine. She was very real and easy to like. After her brother's death, she had to deal with guilt and grief, but she pulled herself together and made something good come out of it. She was strong, likable, and I thought she was great.

Quinn was also wonderful. This man was so sweet. He had so much guilt from his best friend's death building up but, even though he thought himself a monster, it was obvious that he had a truly good heart. He was so nice and sweet and utterly adorable. If you can't already tell, I totally loved him. He was perfect.

The romance was lovely. I love how Ella and Quinn fell for each other both on the phone and in real life. I thought that was really sweet. They were a perfect match. And, the chemistry between them was hot. Even before they went all the way, the sparks were flying. I thought these two were perfect together.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. All the drama of Quinn's past continuing to haunt him kept things interesting and I was completely riveted. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

Before You Break was a brilliant New Adult romance. I absolutely loved this book. It was emotional, romantic, and really enjoyable. Romance lovers, this book is a must read.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I just finished reading this one too!! I loved it so much. I couldn't put it down either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itara @ My Midnight FantasiesMarch 7, 2014 at 6:06 PM

    I got this book on release day. I pre-ordered it when I read the first one & I can't wait to read this one. I'm so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you end up liking this one, too :)

    ReplyDelete