Thursday, March 13, 2014

An Heir of Uncertainty by Alyssa Everett

An Heir of Uncertainty
Release date: March 10, 2014
Publisher: Carina Press
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance

Yorkshire, 1820

Lina, Lady Radbourne, thought being a countess would rescue her from poverty. Unfortunately, her young groom failed to plan for the future, and his drunken accident left her widowed and pregnant. Now Colonel Winstead Vaughan—Win—will inherit her late husband’s fortune…unless she gives birth to a boy. Win is her natural enemy, so why can’t she stop thinking about him?

Win is stunned to learn he stands to inherit a vast fortune. He’s even more surprised to find himself falling for the beautiful, spirited Lady Radbourne, who is the one woman who stands in the way of a life he’d only imagined.

When someone tries to poison Lady Radbourne, suspicion falls on Win. There’s a clever killer in their midst, and if Win doesn’t solve the mystery fast, Lina may perish. He needs to win her trust, but how can he prove it’s she he wants, and not the fortune?


My Rating: 5 Roses

A sweet and lovely read, An Heir of Uncertainty was a fantastic historical romance. I loved this book! From the romance to the mystery, it was just wonderful.

Lina was a great heroine. She was very strong, determined to survive with dignity, and willing to do anything to take care of herself and her sister. I thought she was lovely and I really liked her.

Win was also wonderful. This man was so sweet. He was very caring and protective of Julia (his daughter), Freddie (his younger brother), and, later, Lina. He was clever and determined to take down a murderer to keep his family safe. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was lovely. Lina and Win were so good together, despite the mistrust between them in the beginning. Not to worry, it doesn't last long, because it didn't take very long for them to start falling for each other. And, the chemistry between them was sizzling from the moment they met that led to a couple of very steamy scenes. I thought they were a perfect couple.

I liked the secondary characters in this book, and how they were treated as their own entities. Julia, Win's daughter, was so adorable. Freddie, Win's brother, was a bit odd, but in a way that was rather endearing. And, Cassie, Lina's sister, was interesting, to say the least. I liked how all of them were done.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. The mystery of who was behind the murder attempts kept me on the edge of my seat. I never suspected who it turned out to be. It was literally the one person I didn't suspect at one point throughout the book, which is quite a feat. I thought the mystery was brilliantly done. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was perfect.

An Heir of Uncertainty was a brilliant historical romance. I totally loved this book. It had lovely romance, thrilling mystery, and was a truly enjoyable read. Romance lovers, this is a book you don't want to miss.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment