Saturday, February 8, 2014

Unintentional Virgin by A.J. Bennett

Unintentional Virgin
Release date: September 19, 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Karma Points is cursed. Cursed with a stupid name and the inability to lose her virginity. She's on a mission to lose her virginity before she turns twenty if it's the last thing she does.

One night, her good friend Eva brings her to an underground club where Karma meets a tattooed bouncer. He’s far from the clean-cut type she normally falls for, which makes her think this finally might be the night she crosses the threshold of womanhood.

Excited, she goes home with the bouncer named Jax and as always, her dreams crash down once again. Jax cannot believe she is willing to give away her virginity to a stranger she met at a club. As the only son with five sisters and a widowed mom, he can't morally go through with it, even though he's never been more tempted in his life.

Unwilling to let her walk away he strikes a deal. Karma has to spend three weeks dating him and then decide if she wants to have sex or walk away.


My Rating: 4.5 Roses

A fun, sweet New Adult romance, Unintentional Virgin was a wonderful read. I really liked this book. It was enjoyable, romantic, and absolutely awesome. Loved it!

Karma was a good heroine. Her reactions to everything were fun and realistic. I have to admit, her reluctance to go all in was frustrating. I understood why she was hesitant, but it still annoyed me. However, she did grow over the course of the book and became a much stronger character. And, in the end, I really liked her.

Jax was just amazing. This guy was so sweet and adorable and just perfect. Having been raised by his mother with 5 sisters, he certainly knew to be a gentleman. I loved that about him. And, I loved everything else about him. I thought he was perfect and I adored him.

The romance was lovely. Karma and Jax were sweet together. I loved how they both fell for each other and, even with Karma's hesitance, their feelings were always clear. There was just a sprinkle of spice in this book, but it was certainly hot. I thought they were a wonderful couple.

The plot went by quickly and I was kept interested the entire way through. This was a light, fun read that had its serious moments to keep it from being just fluff. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely.

Unintentional Virgin was a fantastic New Adult read. I really liked this book. It was fun, light, and truly entertaining. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


2 comments:

  1. aww sounds like a very nice read. I love her name and it's awesome to hear that it was realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Karma's name, too! And, I agree, it's nice to find books that are more realistic. Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete