Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Devil's Flower by Lisa Collicutt

The Devil's Flower (The Eternal Beings, #1)
Release date: November 19, 2013
Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press
Genre: YA/NA Paranormal Romance
Series: The Eternal Beings #1

Killing isn’t exactly on Rosalie Lockwood’s list of things to do when she runs away from home. But despite her search for peace; guns and motorcycles become her latest fashion accessories as Divine interference leads her to Steele, co-leader of the Fallen Paladins motorcycle club.

Leathered and tattooed, Steele’s presence scares off most people he comes in contact with — but not Rosalie. She’s immediately drawn into the dangers of his biker world—and into his heart.

But Steele guards a secret that if Rosalie knew, could shatter their new love — along with destroy the human race. And the truth comes at a price.

Will Rosalie risks her soul to prove her loyalty to Steele?

The Dark and Light Realms collide as Rosalie chooses between life, death, and the ever-after to become that which she is fated to destroy.


My Rating: 5 Roses

A thrilling, unpredictable, and engaging YA/NA romance, The Devil's Flower was a fantastic read. I absolutely loved this book, from the wonderful characters, to the secrets in store. This book was just lovely.

Rosalie was a tough heroine. She had a horrible childhood and, when she got the chance, she got away. And, from then on, she proved her strength as a kick-ass character. No matter what situation she found herself in, she survived. I really liked her. She was a fantastic character.

Steele was also wonderful. He doesn't look very nice on the surface, with his biker gang and other, more sinister, connections. But, he was truly good at heart and he proved that several times over. I thought he was very sweet and a true bad boy. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was lovely. Rosalie and Steele was so sweet together. They were both strong and had met their match in each other. Put them together, and they were unstoppable. And, there was a lot of chemistry between them. This book stays clean, but the attraction between these two was smokin'. I thought they were a perfect couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were tons of surprises in store that I never saw coming. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was lovely. It tied up the story, but left an opening for another book. I'm curious to see what we get next, because I definitely want to see more from these characters.

The Devil's Flower was a fantastic YA/NA paranormal romance. It was thrilling, romantic, and had quite a few surprises in story. I totally loved this book. Romance lovers, this is a book worth reading.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Quotes:
"Few people find a love so great it takes precedence above all else, even when it shouldn't. You are that love to me, and I'll do anything to keep you safe, even if I have to break the code to do it." -Steele


No comments:

Post a Comment