Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend by Shana Galen

Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend (Jewels of the Ton, #3)
Release date: March 4, 2014
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: Jewels of the Ton #3

What better disguise for a secret agent than that of a courtesan?

Lily Dawson, dubbed the Countess of Charm, is a spy working for the Crown to uncover a traitor.

Andrew Booth-Payne, Earl of Darlington, wants to hate Lily for taking up with his father, but something about Lily intrigues him.

When he discovers there is more to her flirtation than greed, he knows he must help her uncover a traitor. Even if that traitor is his own father…


My Rating: 5 Roses

Thrilling, romantic, and full of secrets that blew me away. Sapphires Are An Earl's Best Friend was a brilliant historical romance. I had high expectation for this book, since I liked the previous books in the series so much, and it lived up to every one. I absolutely loved this book!

Lily was a great heroine. She had a really messy past, but she found her way out of it and came out strong. She made mistakes, but it was always clear that she was good at heart. She was a genuinely likable character and I definitely liked her.

Andrew was also amazing. Like Lily, he made mistakes, but he was always a gentleman at heart. He was a bit selectively blind, in how he didn't see what was right in front of him with Lily. But, he was very clever and very little got past him. And he was so sweet and utterly adorable. I definitely fell for this handsome gentleman.

The romance was wonderful. Lily and Andrew were great together. I thought it was so sweet how Lily was always in love with Andrew, while Andrew slowly came to see what was right in front of him. And, the chemistry between them was hot. Definitely some steamy moments in store. I thought they were lovely together.

The plot was fast paced and I was utterly hooked the entire way through. The mystery of who Artemis was and what Andrew's father had to do with it kept me on the edge of my seat. And the truth about the full extent of the assassination scheme blew me away. I never saw that coming. I really enjoyed the story and the ending was wonderful.

Sapphires Are an Earl's Best Friend was a brilliant historical romance. I completely and totally loved this book. Everything about it, from the romance to the mystery to the secrets, was utterly perfect. Romance lovers, this book is a must read.

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


1 comment: