Sunday, February 23, 2014

Rescued By A Viscount by Wendy Vella

Rescued By A Viscount (Regency Rakes)
Release date: February 16, 2014
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance

Miss Claire Belmont’s life is thrown into turmoil when she finds out her brother left something behind in France before he died. Going against her family’s wishes, she is determined to uncover the secret of what it is, and is forced to turn to the one man she vowed to avoid at all costs for help. Claire has always feared that if anyone can disrupt her well-ordered life and see the vulnerable woman behind the polite facade, it will be Viscount Kelkirk and now they are thrown together, she realizes her fears were justified.

My Rating: 4 Roses

A lovely historical romance, Rescued by a Viscount was a wonderful read. I really enjoyed reading this book.

Claire was an okay heroine. She was my one problem with the book. On one hand, she was strong and loyal to those she cared about. On the other, she could also be mean, over dramatic, and had a tendency to blame and judge others. It especially irritated me that she would take the concern that the people who cared about her showed and, somehow, be offended by it. I wasn't really a fan of hers, but not to the point that it ruined the book for me. I was just okay with her.

Simon was wonderful. He was very sweet and a genuinely kind man who was fiercely loyal to those he loved. I thought he was adorable.

The romance was good. I thought Claire and Simon were sweet together, even with Claire's tendency to run away. And, the attraction between them was steamy.

The plot was well paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was lovely.

Rescued by a Viscount was a wonderful historical romance. It wasn't perfect, but it was an enjoyable read. Romance lovers, this is a book you might want to check out.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment