Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Grim: An Anthology by the Best in YA Books

Grim
Release date: February 25, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Genre: YA Fairy Tale Retellings

Inspired by classic fairy tales, but with a dark and sinister twist, Grim contains short stories from some of the best voices in young adult literature today:

Ellen Hopkins, Amanda Hocking
Julie Kagawa, Claudia Gray
Rachel Hawkins, Kimberly Derting
Myra McEntire, Malinda Lo
Sarah Rees-Brennan, Jackson Pearce
Christine Johnson, Jeri Smith Ready
Shaun David Hutchinson, Saundra Mitchell
Sonia Gensler, Tessa Gratton, Jon Skrovan


My Rating: 5 Roses

Dark, creepy, and absolutely brilliant! Grim was a fantastic read. Every story in this anthology was amazing. With retellings of classics, from Beauty and the Beast to The Three Little Pigs, this entire book was magnificent. Loved it!

There are quite a few stories in this anthology, so I'm not going to go into each one individually. But, I will say that each story was dark and unique. I truly enjoyed all of them. They were quite varied-in genre, in tone, in theme-and I really liked that variation. We got romances, dystopians, thrillers, and much more. And they were all great.

I really liked all the characters in this book, whether they were protagonists or antagonists. Despite the fact that these were all short stories, each character felt fleshed out.

I was completely hooked through each story and I loved every one.

Honestly, I could go on and on about how amazing this book is, but I'll spare you. Grim was a brilliant anthology. YA lovers, you definitely have to read it, because it was just wonderful. 

 photo 2_zps3b4250b0.jpg

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment