Friday, February 7, 2014

Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros

Full Measures
Release date: February 10, 2014
Publisher: Entangled: Embrace
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

She knew. That’s why Mom hadn’t opened the door. She knew he was dead.

Twenty years as an army brat and Ember Howard knew, too. The soldiers at the door meant her dad was never coming home. What she didn’t know was how she would find the strength to singlehandedly care for her crumbling family when her mom falls apart.

Then Josh Walker enters her life. Hockey star, her new next-door neighbor, and not to mention the most delicious hands that insist on saving her over and over again. He has a way of erasing the pain with a single look, a single touch. As much as she wants to turn off her feelings and endure the heartache on her own, she can’t deny their intense attraction.

Until Josh’s secret shatters their world. And Ember must decide if he’s worth the risk that comes with loving a man who could strip her bare.


My Rating: 5 Roses

A stunning, emotional, absolutely lovely read, Full Measures was an amazing romance. I loved this book. It tugged at my heartstrings, making me smile is some places, and tear up in others. This book was just fantastic and I really enjoyed reading it.

Ember was a wonderful heroine. After her family fell apart with the news of her father's death, she gathered her strength and became the glue that kept everyone together. She was very strong and very loyal to her loved ones. It was clear that she would do anything to make sure they were all doing well. My one problem with her was that, at times, her behavior frustrated me. It wasn't a big problem, but her stubbornness did hurt Josh, do I got annoyed. Otherwise, I really liked her.

Josh was brilliant. This boy was so sweet and adorable and just perfect. I thought it was so sweet how he had had a crush on Ember for so long, and how those feelings never faded. He was strong and very devoted to what he believed in and those he loved. I adored him. I thought he was wonderful.

The romance was lovely. Ember and Josh were so sweet together. I loved how, after having crushes on each other in high school, their feelings didn't fade and, when they met again, only grew stronger. They were perfectly matched. And, the chemistry between them was hot. From the moment they reunited, the attraction was turned up on high and it got quite steamy. I thought these two were perfect together.

I loved how the emotions were portrayed in this book. Within the first few chapters, the characters had me tearing up. And, from then on, I was right along with them on a topsy turvy roller coaster of emotions. I thought that was brilliantly done.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. I really enjoyed the story, every minute of it, and I thought the ending was so sweet and a perfect way to tie up the story.

Full Measures was a brilliant New Adult romance. I absolutely loved this book. It was heart-breaking, sweet, romantic, emotional, and a truly enjoyable read. Romance lovers, you have to read this book!

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment