Thursday, February 20, 2014

Carnelian by B. Kristin McMichael

Carnelian
Release date: February 1, 2014
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Series: Chalcedonly Chronicles #1

Everyone has a past, but for most it isn’t as long ago as Seth Sangre. His past is literally thousands of years ago. Seth’s life led him to the present seeking something that might help him save his country from destruction. He has been in the present for over three years now and just found exactly what he has been looking for.


Mari had dreams that college will be a fresh start, one where she would start over and not fall for the good looking player like high school. Unfortunately for her, that’s exactly what ends up falling into her lap on the first day she moves into the dorms. Now she has to hold to her promise to herself and not fall for the handsome Seth. But he doesn’t plan to make it easy for her. Seth has already marked her as his next conquest. As the semester progresses, Mari learns that Seth might just have a life of his own that’s actually from the past. Suddenly Mari finds her future along with her past put into question. She’s connected to Seth far more than she ever wanted to be and maybe the player isn’t who she thought he was. If Mari can trust her heart enough to follow him, Seth will lead Mari on an adventure of a lifetime and reveal family secrets she never knew existed

Goodreads/Amazon/B&N

My Rating: 4 Roses

I wasn't quite sure what to expect going into this book. It sounded interesting, but I wasn't quite sure where it was going to go, so I proceeded with caution. Fortunately, it turned out that I had nothing to worry about. Carnelian was a lovely YA/NA romance! It was sweet, romantic, and full of secrets that took me by surprise. I really liked this wonderful book.

Mari was a good heroine. She was very determined and knew to fight for what she wanted. I got a little annoyed with her at first, because she seemed to reject Seth just for the sake of rejection. But, overall, I really liked her.

Seth was wonderful. He was very sweet and was devoted to those he cared about. He was adorable and I really liked him.

The romance was lovely. Mari and Seth were so sweet together. I loved how they were both so devoted to each other, even with the rather formidable obstacles in their way. I thought they were a perfect couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was kept interested the entire way through. There were secrets about the characters that I never saw coming, and that kept me drawn in, wanting to find out more. I really enjoyed the story and the ending has me curious to see what's coming up next in book 2. I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Carnelian was a wonderful YA/NA read. I really liked this book, from the romance to the secrets. It was a truly enjoyable read. Romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review

No comments:

Post a Comment