Sunday, January 26, 2014

When a Lord Needs a Lady by Jane Goodger

When a Lord Needs a Lady
Release date: February 6, 2014
Publisher: eKensington
Genre: Historical (Victorian) Romance

Lord Graham Spencer needs a wife.

But not just any girl will do. She must have the money to save his dilapidated estate and desperate tenants. So when he meets a charming American lady’s maid on the beach at Brighton, the last thing he ought to do is kiss her.

Katherine Wright is hunting a titled husband.

Or at least her mother is. But Katherine can’t get the memory of a most inappropriate kiss out of her mind. The handsome stranger who took her in his arms in Brighton was only a valet, but even if she is an heiress, she’d rather spend her life with him than some stiff British aristocrat.

Can true love survive two false identities, two scheming mamas, and two lavish house parties where all is revealed? It can…

When A Lord Needs A Lady


My Rating: 3 Roses

Sweet and enjoyable, When a Lord Needs a Lady was a lovely historical romance. I really enjoyed reading it.

Katherine was a great heroine. She was strong, determined, and refused to compromise when it came to her happiness. But, she was also genuinely kind and forgiving, which I really liked about her. I thought she was a wonderful character.

Graham, though, wasn't working for me. He was a total blockhead that refused to see what was right in front of him. It was as if he was determined to make things as difficult for himself as he possibly could. He had his moment where he was actually sweet, but then he ruined it by being rude. I didn't hate him, but I can't say that I liked him.

The romance was good. Despite Graham's stubbornness, they were sweet together and there was plenty of steaminess going on there as well. Overall, I thought they were sweet together.

The plot was okay. I wasn't totally hooked. The pace was a little slow because of somebody (i.e. Graham) was being dumb, but I was still kept interested the entire way through. Overall, I enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was sweet.

When a Lord Needs a Lady was an enjoyable historical romance. I didn't love it, but I did like it. I don't know if I would outright recommend this book, but if you want a sweet romance, then this book is worth a shot.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment