Saturday, January 4, 2014

To Tempt a Viking by Michelle Willingham

To Tempt a Viking (Forbidden Vikings, #2)
Release date: January 21, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin
Genre: Historical (Viking) Romance
Series: Forbidden Vikings #2

She’s Testing His Resolve!

Warrior Viking Ragnar Olafsson stood by as his best friend claimed the woman he desired the most. There was only one way to quench the deep darkness within him—become merciless in battle.

When Elena is taken captive, fearless Ragnar risks everything to save her. Now they are stranded with only each other for company. Suddenly every longing, every look, every touch is forbidden. Elena could tempt a saint—and sinner Ragnar knows he won’t be able to hold out for long!


My Rating: 5 Roses

I really liked the first book to this series, so I was expecting a lot from the companion novel. And, it definitely met my expectations! To Tempt a Viking was a fantastic historical romance that I really enjoyed. I really liked this book.

This book starts off in the same place that book 1 started and shows what happened to Ragnar and Elena while Styr was captured. Then, about 1/3 of the way through, it catches up and starts on Elena's story, right after she divorced Styr. And, of course, after getting divorced, she needed a little comfort. And Ragnar just so happens to be there...

Elena was a good heroine. She had her own quiet brand of strength that helped her get through everything. She was kind and likable and I thought she was great.

Ragnar was amazing. He was so sweet and a truly good and honorable man. Trouble is, he doesn't believe that. After doing something he considered unforgivable, he lived with the belief that he carried a darkness in himself that made him a danger to those around him. And, unfortunately, that made him reluctant to admit to and act on his feelings. But, I thought he was wonderful. He was sweet and devoted to his loved ones. I adored him.

The romance was great. Elena and Ragnar were very sweet together, especially with how they had held feelings for each other (more so on Ragnar's side) but couldn't act on them until now. That also led to some steamy moments that were super hot. These two were a lovely couple.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. I thought this was a perfect companion story that gave the other unhappily married person a chance at a happy ending. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was great, with a happily ever after for both couples.

To Tempt a Viking was a wonderful historical romance. I really enjoyed reading it. For those who liked the first book in this series, you won't be disappointed with how things turn out. And, romance lovers in general, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


2 comments:

  1. I recently read and reviewed this one, and LOVED it as well! I didn't think I would like Elena, after the first book, but this book changed my mind and really made me see her side of things. Also, RAGNAR! Love! This book was so great and wrapped up really well! I wonder if there will be more books in this series. That would be cool! :)

    Awesome review, Farrah!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I wish there would be more books in this series! I think that the author meant it to be two books, but maybe she'll at least write more Viking books because I really like them. I hope Viking romances start picking up in historical romance because they're awesome. And, I totally agree, Ragnar was AH-MAZING!


    Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete