Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Trouble With Honor by Julia London

The Trouble With Honor (The Cabot Sisters, #1)
Release date: February 25, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Genre: Historical (Regency) Romance
Series: The Cabot Sisters #1

Desperate times call for daring measures as Honor Cabot, the eldest stepdaughter of the wealthy Earl of Beckington, awaits her family's ruin. Upon the earl's death she and her sisters stand to lose the luxury of their grand home - and their place on the pedestal of society - to their stepbrother and his social-climbing fiancée. Forced to act quickly, Honor makes a devil's bargain with the only rogue in London who can seduce her stepbrother's fiancée out of the Cabots' lives for good.

An illegitimate son of a duke, George Easton was born of scandal and grows his fortune through dangerous risks. But now he and Honor are dabbling in a perilous dance of seduction that puts her reputation and his jaded heart on the line. And as unexpected desire threatens to change the rules of their secret game, the stakes may become too high even for a notorious gambler and a determined, free-spirited debutante to handle.



My Rating: 4 Roses

A fun historical romance full of schemes and secrets, The Trouble with Honor was a lovely read. I really enjoyed reading this book. The romance, the scheming, the scandal: it was all wonderful.

Honor was a good heroine, though I had my issues with her. On one had, she was feisty, independent, and very loyal to her family. She would do anything to take care of her sisters. On the other hand, she had a tendency to be immature and she acted spoiled several times. She tended to steamroll right over people's feelings in her determination to get what she wanted. Regardless, I still liked her, though she wasn't my favorite heroine.

George was wonderful, for the most part. He was sweet and determined to make the woman he loved happy. He knew his place in society was precarious at best, so he wanted to be sure he could take care of her. His stubbornness was a bit frustrating, particularly when it resulted in Honor being publicly humiliated. But, for the most part, I thought he was sweet.

The romance was great. Honor and George were sweet together, despite both of their stubbornness. And there was a ton of chemistry between them that led to some steamy moments. They were a lovely couple.

The plot was fast paced. I was kept interested the entire way through. There were tons of schemes and antics that kept me entertained, and a few surprises along the way. I really enjoyed the story and I thought the ending was lovely. I'm excited to see what happens next with Grace's story.

The Trouble with Honor was a fantastic historical romance. I really enjoyed reading this wonderful book. Romance lovers, this is a book worth reading.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


2 comments:

  1. great review!!! whenever I read this author, I have enjoyed her style. Excited to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, this book is the first I've read from Julia London, but if you say her style is always good, then maybe I'll go back and read them, because I certainly liked this one :)

    ReplyDelete