Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pride's Run by Cat Kalen

Pride's Run (A Wolf's Pride, #1)
Release date: December 19, 2013
Publisher: Bloomsbury Spark
Genre: YA/New Adult Paranormal Romance
Series: A Wolf's Pride #1

Eighteen year old Pride is a tracker with a hunger for blood. Taught to trick and to lure, she is the perfect killing machine.

Kept leashed in the cellar by a master who is as ruthless as he is powerful, Pride dreams of freedom, of living a normal life, but escape from the compound is near impossible and disobedience comes with a price.

When she learns her master intends to breed her she knows she has to run.

Pride soon learns if she is to survive in the wild, she must trust in the boy who promises her freedom, the same boy she was sent to hunt.


My Rating: 4 Roses

A thrilling YA/NA paranormal romance, Pride's Run was a fantastic read. The action had me on the edge of my seat while the romance had me swooning over Logan. I really liked this lovely book.

Pride was a strong character. She went through a lot as a captive of her master, but she refused to let anything break her. She was tough, determined, and I really liked her.

Logan was the love interest and he was wonderful. He was very sweet and strong and determined to protect those he cared about. And, he definitely proved himself as a hero. I absolutely adored him.

The romance was good. Pride and Logan were great together. Even though they were both wary of trusting, they still couldn't deny that they had feelings for each other and I thought that was very sweet. Also, the heat level was a little higher between them than in most YA books, so there was a touch of spice as well. And they were so bad ass together. Nobody stood a chance with the two of them. They were great together and I hope they manage to find a happy ending.

Stone was another major character. At first, I didn't like him. He was mean and cruel and horrible. But, later in the book, we get his reasons for acting the way he did and it changed my whole perspective of him. He was actually very sweet and determined to protect those he loved. By the end of the book I really liked him. He has the potential as another love interest, so we'll see how that goes.

My problem with the book, though, was that I needed more explanation. I didn't fully understand what was going on. I wasn't even sure that they were, in fact, werewolves because the descriptions were unclear and I just had to make an educated guess. But, more than that, why were werewolves being kept as slaves? For what purpose were the "masters" keeping them? I needed more explanation. It wasn't problem enough to ruin the book, but it was enough to take it down a notch.

The plot was fast paced and I was hooked the entire way through. There were definitely enough thrill to keep you on the edge of your seat. I really enjoyed the story and the ending has me insanely curious to find out what happens next.

Pride's Run was a fantastic New Adult paranormal romance. The thrills were nonstop, the romance was lovely, and the secrets revealed were surprising. I really liked this book. YA romance lovers, this is a book worth checking out.

*I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for an honest review


No comments:

Post a Comment